Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Advice BOM

A while back I asked how a BOM worked, well I am in a dilemma, the company I am getting the BOM from is not sending them to me on time. They are usually more than a month late. I pretty much have to harrass her to get my block, anyways I have lost interest in the project since it takes to long to deal with her. I do want to finish the project eventually, so would you just order the rest and be done with the company. I don't plan to order from her in the future because of the poor customer service. I almost wish I would have got her BOM from another company that sells them. Would another company allow me to purchase half a BOM from them. I kind of don't want to deal with her anymore

generally a bom is a year or longer commitment- the shop keeps your card # and charges it with each shippment= if you decide to (drop out- they are entitled to charge your card for the remainder of the program-
    you can probably contact the shop and ask for the completion of the program all at once- some times all of the kits for the year are all made up at the beginning- those shops have no problem letting you take it all at once- others cut the kits monthly- making it a bit more complicated.

bom's generally are an expensive way to go- and waiting a whole month for a block makes it easy to loose interest- i know some people who sign up- and just collect all of the kits- they do not even really look at them until they have everything and can just make their quilt---the danger with this is...if one month a mistake was made in your kit- it might be too late for a fix-

some shops send the boms out the same day every month- some send them out every other month- some the date varies- you just never know- usually all of that is explained when you sign up- if you choose to do another one you might want to work with a shop that has a definite monthly shipping/billing date.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl
    A while back I asked how a BOM worked, well I am in a dilemma, the company I am getting the BOM from is not sending them to me on time. They are usually more than a month late. I pretty much have to harrass her to get my block, anyways I have lost interest in the project since it takes to long to deal with her. I do want to finish the project eventually, so would you just order the rest and be done with the company. I don't plan to order from her in the future because of the poor customer service. I almost wish I would have got her BOM from another company that sells them. Would another company allow me to purchase half a BOM from them. I kind of don't want to deal with her anymore
    I would probably just order the rest of them. For most BOMs the shops will have a limited number of kits and they don't generally have extras so you probably wouldn't be able to get a half a year from another shop.