Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
advice on Caswell Quilt please >

advice on Caswell Quilt please

advice on Caswell Quilt please

Old 04-02-2017, 05:08 AM

Thank you all so much.
The German shop is 450 miles from the Swiss border.........not being in the European union the postage is about the same as from USA!? Swiss quilters life is hard.

I ordered from Hancock of Paducah, Cottonpatchfabric (the only ones that had the pattern available) and the fatquartershop. And oksewglad is cutting off corners of her stash for me :-)

I would like to stick to two different background fabrics. I like one slightly brighter than the other as seen in most Caswell quilts. Each block with a different background might get too agitated.

I saw that particular blog but the last entry is quite a while ago and might come up with a fabric line not available anymore. I also knew that the pattern comes from a famous carpet, but I have never seen a picture before. Thank you for that also and the artistic freedom is really limitless.
Collections for a cause is coming closest but I could not decide yet. To buy different ones in half yard cuts or backing fabric might also be an idea.
Granny

Last edited by granny_59; 04-02-2017 at 05:10 AM.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:15 AM

I have quit buying border fabric until the quilt is finished. The reason??... When the quilt is finished, I don't like the original border and have to go buy more border fabric. Unless you know exactly what you want, I would not stress to get the border fabrics. The quilt is gorgeous by the way.