Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Advice on purchasing a quilting/embroidery machine

Advice on purchasing a quilting/embroidery machine

My cousin is interested in purchasing a new quilting / embroidery machine. Sewing and quilting will be the primary function, but she also wants to be able to embroider purchased or free designs, so she will need to be able to transfer designs from a computer to the machine. She is looking to find a new (not used) one for under $1000.00 if possible.

Could any of you recommend a particular brand and model to look at? Or a site that compares or reviews a variety of brands and models?

Thanks.

What does she want to do with an em the combos under 1000 because you will only have a 4x4 hoop space unless you get 2 models you can get a pe-700 for about 600 and a brothe pc-420 for about 400 but that is online no dealer no classes, combos with 4x4 will run from 400-700 depending on source online vs dealer if you want a 5x7 combo from dealer you are probably looking at 1200 for the brothers cant comment on prices of other brands
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D

I have a Brother SE 400 which is a combo. Had I known the embroidery field was only 4x4 I would not have bought it. I love the machine, the embroidery area is just too small.