Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Advise Needed for Memory Quilt

Blog Entries

Advise Needed for Memory Quilt

Hello, fellow quilters.
    I made nine months ago a quilt for a baby that was born with a rare condition. As I
    told my friend, I can pray for him and I can make him a quilt. I wanted to do something.
    They treasured the quilt, and appreciated it so much that.....
    I have been asked to make five (not one) memory quilt for the family of the nine month
    old child that died recently. They would like me to make it out of his onesies. Does
    anyone have any ideas. I was thinking maybe sewing pieces onto muslin so the pc.s
    aren't stretchy, and incorporating other fabric. Or maybe a crazy quilt, and also put
    them on muslin, and put decorated stitches on it. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you in advance.
    You can also PM me.
    Cutting Corners

Blog Entries
    That would be a good way to stabilize the stretch material. Or make small blocks out of onies whatever is on it to
    look cute and add material all 4 sides to make your blocks. I have made several but there is gal on here that does it for living..hopefully she will see your post. Hope this goes well.

Blog Entries
    You might also ask if they have any receiving blankets to incorporate into the quilt.
    BTW, LOVE your avatar picture! What a cutie!
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings