Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
After market walking foot >

After market walking foot

After market walking foot

Old 04-21-2015, 11:17 AM

Default After market walking foot

Hi every one
Wanted to know if there is some thing I should look out for when buying a walking foot.
It,s for a Omega sewing machine and i,m just sort of starting to quilt have done a couple .

But now i,m doing a king size quilt and finding im still getting some bunching up on the bottom .
And I,m thinking the walking foot will help.

The walking feet here run from $45.00 to $150.00 here and I know I,m not going to spent $150.00 wife would kill me .

Thanks
Tom
Old 04-21-2015, 11:22 AM
Power Poster

Hi Tom: I will tell you that I didn't have any good luck with generic walking feet with my Bernina.

I pin baste my quilts every four inches which is a whole lot of pins but I never had the problem like you are describing. I was finally able to find a new replacement walking foot for my older Bernina on eBay. Someone from this board may know someone reputable and honest that you can get a better price from. Doesn't she have expenses for her hobbies??
Old 04-21-2015, 11:25 AM

Is the Omega an industrial machine? You might check with Ken Sewing Machine in the US.
They have good prices and good service. I bought some feet from them for my Janome.
Old 04-21-2015, 12:51 PM

Thanks they have some good prices and a lot of stuff.
I had 100 pins in it and still moved a little on me when quilting I think it,s because its a king and the opening on my machine is only 7 inch so all the moving around .
boy is it heavy lol
Thanks
Tom

Originally Posted by EasyPeezy View Post
Is the Omega an industrial machine? You might check with Ken Sewing Machine in the US.
They have good prices and good service. I bought some feet from them for my Janome.
Old 04-21-2015, 12:56 PM

I consider the walking foot the second most important piece of quilting equipment I have, after my DSM. So I think the best, brand name walking foot for my machine is money well spent. There are many prior posts on this Board about folks having problems with generic walking feet and that they don't last long at all---had to be replaced and spent more in the long run than if they had purchased a brand name foot to begin with. It is a long term investment IMHO.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:37 PM
Banned

IIRC, Omega machines are the same as Euro Pro machines. if your zig zag is no wider than 5mm, this walking foot should work fine:
http://shop.sew-classic.com/Low-Shan...m-SCF10449.htm
I've been using the walking feet that Sew Classic sells on several of my machines, vintage and newer, for a couple years without any issues.

Cari
Old 04-21-2015, 03:04 PM

If you're looking for an Ontario source, contact Nova Sewing Centre in Hamilton ON - they're on Ottawa Street and they do have a website but they don't have everything listed on the website. Good service, know their machines. (Not affiliated, just a happy customer)
Old 04-21-2015, 04:41 PM

Thanks Gemrm

Originally Posted by GEMRM View Post
If you're looking for an Ontario source, contact Nova Sewing Centre in Hamilton ON - they're on Ottawa Street and they do have a website but they don't have everything listed on the website. Good service, know their machines. (Not affiliated, just a happy customer)