Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
After New Year Blues!!!! >

After New Year Blues!!!!

After New Year Blues!!!!

Old 01-23-2015, 04:52 AM
Power Poster

I have no time to get down about anything. I am busy all the time. Working on a quilt for a private school auction, hoping to get it done on time.
I work full time, have two small dogs, three cats and a bird to care for. I have a Husband and myself that like clean clothes, house and to eat. I quilt in the evenings and weekends, between chores.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by sewsue View Post
I have been so busy with just getting through all the feastivities now have settled down and getting into some serious stitching. I have just started a baby dragon quilt for our grandson whom will be appearing around end March. So need to get this baby quilt all finished. I have always wanted to do a dragon something and now is the time for it. I will post pictures as soon as I have something completed to show. I see all of you have been so busy as always and you are always my inspiration that I need to get stuck in and finish whatever I am working on. So thank you all for being my special quilting friends.

From a sunny hot (45*C) very hot South Africa.
When I am done with the quilt I am working on now I am going to start on a big strip quilt for me. It has taken me about three years to get all the jelly rolls and charm packs that I need. So that is what I am looking forward to.

And I will end this by saying

Today - from a dreary 30*F yesterday to a kinda warm 40*F today with rain and sleet a'comin'! We are in the throes of the Winter Carnival with Ice skating races down a track from the Cathedral to the State Capitol. We have ice palaces and when the Winter Carnival King is dethroned by the Vulcans, six more weeks of winter. And that is good old MInnesota. Edie
Old 01-23-2015, 06:39 AM
Power Poster

Sometimes it is difficult for me to get going in the summer. You can do it.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:18 AM

I know how you feel. I haven't been in my sewing room for over a month! I went in yesterday and ended up sewing all day. What a great feeling. I think I'm getting my sewing tempo going again. I seem to be an all or nothing type of sewer! Keep up the good work and please share pictures of your dragon.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:33 AM

Too much going on over the Holidays.....Enjoy it but it's like a breath of fresh air when December is over and we can slow down and get back to sewing again.
Old 01-23-2015, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by sewsue View Post
I have been so busy with just getting through all the feastivities now have settled down and getting into some serious stitching. I have just started a baby dragon quilt for our grandson whom will be appearing around end March. So need to get this baby quilt all finished. I have always wanted to do a dragon something and now is the time for it. I will post pictures as soon as I have something completed to show. I see all of you have been so busy as always and you are always my inspiration that I need to get stuck in and finish whatever I am working on. So thank you all for being my special quilting friends.

From a sunny hot (45*C) very hot South Africa.
Are you designing your dragon or do you have a pattern? A dragon quilt is on my "wanna' make" list. Hoping to see pictures.
Old 01-24-2015, 01:28 AM

sewingsuz, I feel the same way. But as others post, It's Mardi Gras time, Then St. Patricks, then French Quarter Fest, Then Jazz Fest, Oh, spring cleaning, garden preps, oh!!! the list goes on and on. Love living in South.... can't wait to be outside. My quilt making gets done early in am or rainy days.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:34 AM

Default Dragon on its way!!!

Just to show my dancing dragon. I must add that I am not good at drawing and got these from the internet. So sorry if I offend someone but I just had to use these cuties.
Attached Thumbnails 10351830_10153212620035934_8343071580844796321_n.jpg  
Old 01-24-2015, 06:57 PM

Oh What a cute drawing. You did good sewsue!!!!
Old 01-24-2015, 07:56 PM

I like it!