Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
After reading the unpleasant shopping post..... >

After reading the unpleasant shopping post.....

After reading the unpleasant shopping post.....

Old 01-21-2011, 08:33 AM

NO, I think the Quiltmakers Shoppe in Arlington Washington is the best. I was in a local Joanne's last week and I was shopping at a grocery store next door and I needed some kona black to finish some blocks. I asked the floor clerk in Joann's if they had any and she said yes it's right over here and there was an employee with a price gun repricing everything. The Kona went up from 5.99 marked on the bolt to 6.99 new price. I would much to go my LQS and be treated like a king than a superstore that hires anyone. If I am having problems with a color, or a pattern I am working I can go right down to my LQS and Marty or Debbie will step right in and help me out even if I don't buy something that day AND they are happy to do it.
R
Old 01-21-2011, 08:36 AM

I remember. Some wonderful ladies named Sharon and debbie helped me with some "Y" seams on the live chat and now I can mark and zoom thru them. It was a great learning time.
R
Old 01-21-2011, 08:46 AM

Have to agree - I worked in retail stores as manager and also in an dept store office for several years. Sometimes people who were nasty would come back to apologize next day because they got home and realized how bad they had been. There were also days when it was difficult to accommodate every single person who expected personal service of one kind or another because we were usually short staffed. Found that a smile would go a long way in soothing feathers too.
Originally Posted by MeMeX8
Usually I will skim over the posts (of this wonderful site, thanks to all who oversee) and comment on only a few. However, this one has caught my attention and have read every post today. I work in a utility office and constantly wait on customers. Some of them I look forward to every month and some I grit my teeth when I see them come in the door. One customer in particular was what I considered rude month in and month out. I always smile and greet each customer with a Hello and try to make small talk, be friendly...etc... This lady just would never respond and always had a frown. One day she came in and I commented on the weather to her. She continued to frown and made the comment that her fibro-myalsia (spelling?) was just killing her that day. Let me tell you, that day changed the way I look at my customers. Had another instance that the husband came to pay their bill and the very next sunday, I found out that they had just been told (the very day he came in to pay) that his wife had been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. I try to look at my customers now with a lot more understanding and patience. I find that also when I am out, if someone is rude or impatient with me, I try to think that something in THEIR life my not be going so well and that it probably is not me at all. The Golden Rule usually works very well if we will just implement it in our lives.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:45 AM

If your ever in the U. P. Of Michigan. In Marquette there is a LQS called alleykat it is wonderful. Small but friendly helpful doesn't mind a lot of newbie questions! I just love them!!
Old 01-21-2011, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
My favorite shop in Austin,Texas is "Honey Bee Quilts". The owners are 3 sisters and they are wonderful people who've hired wonderful staff. When I walk in the door they greet me by name and ask if there's anything special I'm looking for.
Its a great place to shop. My truck knows how to get there all by herself. :lol:
Hi, I'm from Austin, but live in the country of Ellis Cnty.,
Maypearl School Dist. Where is Honey Bee Quilts located?
Also, are you the person that wrote and said the Diamond
was your favorite machine. (I have the Diamond) Can you
give me any information on Digitizing?? Any books I can
order? THANKS
Old 01-21-2011, 12:08 PM

I'd be happy to be your "secret shopper". I do this for a lot of companies and I can see the difference in the stores when I return. It does work.

I won't shop anywhere when the clerks are hostile or indifferent to me. I like to go into friendly shops and talk to someone and have a good time. It is important to me.

Most quilt shops don't bother with me, so I don't go back to them. If they only took a little time to share with me and pay attention to me, I'd probably pay more for their fabrics.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:46 PM

Just got back from my LQS and had a very good experience there. This a small shop located in Buckhorn, Missouri only open 2-3 days a week and run by 2 ladies who are more than willing to help folks out. There are others in our area 50 mile radius that are not so friendly or helpful. Just thought I would share a positive thing on a cold and snowy day here in Missouri.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:29 PM
Banned

If you live in the area and haven't been to Quilters Quarters in Zephyrhills, FL, you're missing out. I love this shop. The owner greets everyone as they come in, by name if she knows you. She has spent numerous hours over the past 3 years helping me pick out fabrics and will gladly pull 20 or 20 bolts off the shelves to end up giving me 1/2 yard of 3 or 4 of them. If one of the instructors cancels due to not enough people for a class she does it so you don't have to reschedule. She also opens the shop Monday nights for anyone wanting to come sew for a couple of hours. When I bought my first house last month it's no wonder I moved 30 miles north and now live about a mile from her shop. Well worth your drive, excellent shop.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:39 PM

Since PatriceJ has said more than once , her thoughts on this post, I am outta here. LOL 99% of these stores you mention won't be close to me anyway. Hope it helps you guys.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-165081.gif  
Old 01-21-2011, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by sentra
Originally Posted by purplefiend
My favorite shop in Austin,Texas is "Honey Bee Quilts". The owners are 3 sisters and they are wonderful people who've hired wonderful staff. When I walk in the door they greet me by name and ask if there's anything special I'm looking for.
Its a great place to shop. My truck knows how to get there all by herself. :lol:
Hi, I'm from Austin, but live in the country of Ellis Cnty.,
Maypearl School Dist. Where is Honey Bee Quilts located?
Also, are you the person that wrote and said the Diamond
was your favorite machine. (I have the Diamond) Can you
give me any information on Digitizing?? Any books I can
order? THANKS
I used to work for Husqvarna Viking, but could never wrap my brain around digitizing. The Joanns store in Arbor Walk
Shopping center(Braker and Mopac) has a Husqvarna Viking Gallery inside and the ladies there are very good at stuff like that. Linda,Kathy and Karen(manager) are wonderful.
Honey Bee is on the corner of Anderson Mill Road and Pond Springs Road. You'll see a sign for church and across the road is a Citgo station. Its right between a children's hair salon and an antique store.

Honey Bee Quilt Store (512)257.1269
9308 Anderson Mill Rd #300
Austin, TX 78729