Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Age old question... How to quilt this

Age old question... How to quilt this

Baby quilt I need to finish up. How do you think i should quilt it? It looks better in person.

i love using my walking foot and this only needs to be quilted every 10". I like to quilt closer though. I can do very simple FMQ. I would love some ideas.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 

That is really cute! I don't have any quilting ideas for you but I'm sure someone will! Love the colors!
    As long as we live, there is never enough singing. Martin Luther

Blog Entries
    hi
    IMHO l
    think it needs to be stitched in the ditch and some type of curves in your four patch

This is adorable! I love that you used yo-yos. I am listing a site that I just stumbled upon this week. She describes many different ways of using a walking foot. Maybe give you some ideas.
    http://blog.petitdesignco.com/2012/1...-quilting.html
    Have a happy day,

Fran

I love it! So cute! Love the calico and red/yellow colors and the buggies are darling. What size is the quilt and the blocks?

I would do the eco quilting around the carriages, and feathers in the boarders. I would quilt baby bottles in the four patch blocks, good luck to you, and your baby quilt.
    Pauline

I love this quilt! It's different and so cute. I don't do fmq or use a walking foot to quilt, but if I did, I think I would quilt around the baby carriages and wheels, do some stippling around the baby carriages, and put heart on the 4 patches - one in each patch and all points meeting in the center of the 4 patch. Now I've run out of ideas - I have no clue what to do with the borders!

Quote Originally Posted by FranW View Post
    This is adorable! I love that you used yo-yos. I am listing a site that I just stumbled upon this week. She describes many different ways of using a walking foot. Maybe give you some ideas.
    http://blog.petitdesignco.com/2012/1...-quilting.html
    Love this website. My blocks are 9" and borders are 4.5"

QM
    This is cute. It is completely your call, of course. I would tend to do stitch in the ditch along block lines, then remove pins from the blocks and go back and play with FMQ. For example, a heart or star on each 4 patch, maybe flowers or vines on the border and outline quilting about 1/2" out around each buggy. I'd use yellow for the SITD and red or multicolor for the FMQ. the SITD controls the position, so you don't have to be concerned about any pins as you FMQ. I am also fond of writing with my FMQ. I might write the words to You are my Sunshine around the border or this very sunny quilt

It looks great.
    Wayne & Gabriele, the married quilters.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast