Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Aggrevated

Blog Entries
    You're the 1st person I've seen mention this & the main reason I'm very "sparing" when it comes to glue. Only stands to reason that too much will cause a prob sooner or later.My machine is more important to me than glue.The tiniest drop works & I make sure it's in the seam allowance,where no sewing happens. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by cathyvv
    Was having a similar problem recently. This is probably not what is happening to you, but it is at least worth mentioning.

The bottom of the presser foot on my machine was gummed up with glue from earlier sewing. It adhered to the top layer of fabric, which, after the first couple of stitches, held both layers of fabric so that they bunched up behind the presser foot and stopped forward forward motion. It took some detective work to figure that out, and then some elbow grease to clean it up. I had to do clean it several times, but finally was able to sew again. Now I am much more careful when using gluey materials while sewing!

Blog Entries
    the only time I've had this happen to me was when the thread came out of the lifter guide . Don'tknow why it happens, but isn't unusual for me, and you can't tell until you start sewing.

you re-thread the top? i know that when the thread pops out of the up and down arm it will get caught in the feed dogs and not work. hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by sahm4605
    you re-thread the top? i know that when the thread pops out of the up and down arm it will get caught in the feed dogs and not work. hope this helps.
    I called one of our local sewing repairs and they said that it was alot of times it is just a threading issue. So I rethreaded my machine and am up and running like new. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaa......

I usually rethread my machine and take my bobbin out and check that its rolling freely then start sewing. It works 99% of the time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2