Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: ahhhh go away and this happens

lost my title! ughhhhh and now to get it back so I can sell some things!
    this is what I get for going on vacation?

Quote Originally Posted by lheartsl

Personally, I wish they would do away with/or change this requirement for selling stuff here. Especially just for the reason you expressed.

It would be much better if they could change the rule to "membership for 30 days in order to sell" or something to that effect. JMHO

Banned
    Better get posting! :)

I agree. IMHO this requirement encourages posting in order to become a regular rather than posting to answer someone's question or contribut to a thread. I'll never be a regular-I just don't have time to do much more than skim and look at the beautiful pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by lfw045

Personally, I wish they would do away with/or change this requirement for selling stuff here. Especially just for the reason you expressed.

It would be much better if they could change the rule to "membership for 30 days in order to sell" or something to that effect. JMHO
    It is, only it's 90 days - not 30, and I was told I can't even give stuff away.

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyCurious
    Quote Originally Posted by lfw045

It is, only it's 90 days - not 30, and I was told I can't even give stuff away.

As far as I know, one can BUY or REQUEST TO BUY or GIVE AWAY/DONATE at any time.

You can contact PatriceJ via PM or you can send her an e-mail to the following address:

patricej@quiltingboard.com

for clarification of that question or any other questions you may have about policy and/or procedures.

The guidelines for the donations and pif section are in this post:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-82858-1.htm

sometimes rules are put into place to limit the people who sign up just to use this site as free advertising or to unload something or just ask for fabric to make a quilt. We have had people, in the past, try to scam...by selling a high end machine at way lower than you could get it anywhere.
    Please bear with it... :D

Quote Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
    sometimes rules are put into place to limit the people who sign up just to use this site as free advertising or to unload something or just ask for fabric to make a quilt. We have had people, in the past, try to scam...by selling a high end machine at way lower than you could get it anywhere.
    I'm personally glad they did it. Plus, they limit how much you can sell. That is also good because it seems like a lot of people have a nice little business on the side, buying at sale prices on places like the 2.50-2.98-3.98/yard for quilt shop fabric (as mentioned in today's posts) and sell at $4-6/yard-- "Quilt shop quality" fabric. Hmmm. It seemed like a lot more like businesses doing 'unofficial' business than people selling their own personal stash as in a yard sale. The gov't limits people to 3-4 yard sales a year (I think) before you get tagged as having a business and needing to report/pay taxes, etc. So, when people here are constantly destashing...(and then buying more), it seems like it is more or less an unofficial business and not just a crafter needing to unload her personal stash.

So, I do like the fact that they limited how much people could sell. I know it wasn't popular, but I think it made it a better site. There were some people who it seemed, only came to QB in order to sell something--not really interact. Ebay, Etsy, etc. are great for that...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by justflyingin
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
    I'm personally glad they did it. Plus, they limit how much you can sell. That is also good because it seems like a lot of people have a nice little business on the side, buying at sale prices on places like the 2.50-2.98-3.98/yard for quilt shop fabric (as mentioned in today's posts) and sell at $4-6/yard-- "Quilt shop quality" fabric. Hmmm. It seemed like a lot more like businesses doing 'unofficial' business than people selling their own personal stash as in a yard sale. The gov't limits people to 3-4 yard sales a year (I think) before you get tagged as having a business and needing to report/pay taxes, etc. So, when people here are constantly destashing...(and then buying more), it seems like it is more or less an unofficial business and not just a crafter needing to unload her personal stash.

So, I do like the fact that they limited how much people could sell. I know it wasn't popular, but I think it made it a better site. There were some people who it seemed, only came to QB in order to sell something--not really interact. Ebay, Etsy, etc. are great for that...
    well said.

I lost my "regular status" while I was away on vacation. Wish I could have kept up but will just have to keep busy until I get it back.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast