Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alco store fabric sale

Blog Entries
    If you are lucky to live close by an Alco store that sells fabric, the sale is great! 2 yards for $5. I got all designer fabric: Robyn Pandolph, Faye Burgos, Judie Rothermel, Jenny Beyer, and lots of blenders. Also Alco had Blank, Marcus Bro, Free Spirit, and more of fat quarters for .99 each. And there was something new, flat fold 1 yard cuts hung up by color. All name brand fabric. The feel of these fabrics are fantastic. I bought a lot of backing fabric, 108" wide on sale for $4.99 a yard. Buying backing fabric always seems like I'm spending a fortune and I always seem to want the print that cost double then what a plain pattern would be. Saving money on backing fabric is a real bargain to me.

Wow. What a find. I love to stock up on backing fabric when its on sale. I love working with one piece and not having to piece it.

There's an Alco store in Ord, NE (i.e., pretty much the middle of nowhere), but that's where my in-laws lived. I would do serious damage there when we'd visit. I think the last binge was about $150 at those prices. My in-laws have passed away and I miss them greatly, so it was bittersweet when I pulled out a hunk of nice fabric for a backing last week and saw that it came from Alco.

OMG! I just discovered there are *many Alco stores in Indiana, and one not so far away. Until this thread, I didn't even realize there were any outside of Nebraska. Thank you!!

I will have to let my sister in AR know about this. I don't know if there are any of those stores in MO. Thanks for the heads up! :lol:

There is one in the next town from me. I go there whenever they have a fabric sale. I stock up on backing fabric and whatever fabric I need at the moment or will be needing in the near future. I also stock up on the batting. I love the cotton mountian mist and is really a deal during the sales. Alco has a sale every 6 wks or so it seems.

Banned
    Wow! Wish there was one in OR....

Well, only one problem...finding a place for all the fabric (103, yes, 103 yards) that came home with us on Friday. It averaged at less than $2.50/yd because some of it rang up at $1 and some at 50 cents! Then, by accident, on Sunday the GPS routed us home differently from the way we'd gone to an event and we came across *another ALCO. Enabler that he is, my husband said, "Well, we have to see whether they've got the same things..." Add another 15 yards waiting to be put away.

Hi, my name is Heidi and I'm a fabriholic...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilter101
    Wow! Wish there was one in OR....
    Me Too Quilter101

WOW!! I have never heard of Alco, but I sure am wishing there was one near me!!! Congrats everyone on your great deals!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast