Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Alex Anderson The Quilt Show

Banned
    Have you tried QuiltersTV on the internet. It is free

No I haven't!!!! I have never heard of it before....will definitely check it out!!!! Thank you! :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by Blinky
    Thanks so much for all your opinions and taking the time to write them. I love this Board!!! And people like you all make it happen. I think I will give it a shot...mainly to get the pattern. I am assuming you will have to sign up for the year to get all the patterns for the 12 months? Or can you sign up for 6 mos. and download the pattern. I will check it out. But like one of you mentioned you have to think of it as the cost of a year's subscription to a magazine in combination to the much lesser price of the pattern that I would like to get!
    The thing that makes it so much better with Sue Garman is that she uses different techniques and you get very good detailed instructions for each. The patterns is presented in different color pallets too. And unlike a magazine, you get a whole year worth of shows with visual instructions. I can follow written instructions but there is nothing like visual. I like it so much better than any magazine.

I really think I will try it at least this year :lol:

I don't think you'll be sorry, even if you never watch any of the shows. The BOM patterns are way more expensive than $42/yr in the stores, so if you like this year's BOM, you will have a good value right there. :)

But, the shows are interesting and informative, too. Watching someone demonstrate how to do something is so much faster for me than trying to learn from a book. Usually, once I've watched something being done, I can do it. And if I don't quite get it, I can play that section of the video over and over until it makes sense. :)

I bought subscriptions to QNN and TheQuiltingSchool and both of them had some really good content, too. But, I think TheQuiltShow's site is easier to navigate and I prefer the style of the show to some of the others.

I joined the Quilt Show!!! ...and downloaded the first block for the BOM with Sue Garman! This quilt is going to be a doosie!

Quote Originally Posted by Holice
    Have you tried QuiltersTV on the internet. It is free
    Thanks !! :thumbup: :thumbup: This is a great site! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2