Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
All I needed was thread >

All I needed was thread

All I needed was thread

Old 09-19-2011, 06:56 AM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Originally Posted by charmpacksplus
Went to Joann's today and since they will be moving soon, they aren't restocking anything... not even thread. They had some assorted spools on the rack... no white, no off white, no gray, no black. The new store won't be opening until mid November. I hate to drive too far just for thread. The next closest place is Hobby Lobby. They aren't open on Sunday, neither is the LQS. Crossed my fingers and went to Michael's. Grabbed the last two whites and one gray. Good thing I got there early!

And I had waited all week to go to Joann's so I could use the coupon commotion coupons. Guess what? They weren't accepting any coupons because almost everything is on clearance at 25% off because of the closing. Couldn't even use them on things that weren't on sale. :oops:
The Wal-Marts are getting fabric back in.....are any back in in the stores in town? Not home in La. right now so am not up to date on the Wal-Mart fabrics there .
I am anxious to see the new Jo-Anns in town, just hope management is better.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
The Wal-Marts are getting fabric back in.....are any back in in the stores in town? Not home in La. right now so am not up to date on the Wal-Mart fabrics there .
I am anxious to see the new Jo-Anns in town, just hope management is better.
The Walmart nearest me might have thread but they don't have fabric yet. It's just so silly to be burning a tank of gas looking for thread! I have bins full of assorted color but didn't have what I needed at the moment.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by qbquilts
Originally Posted by lindy
Joann's is ridiculous sometimes!
In this case, they're not. Stores that are holding store closing sales (whether because they're closing or because they're moving) do not restock merchandise - the point of the sale is get it gone so it doesn't have to be moved or sold off after the closing. Also, every chain store that I see closing a location always has a disclaimer that the weekly advertised prices are not applicable since the store is closing/moving and having a special sale. I've seen this issue in lots of stores across the spectrum of types of stores.
I didn't know about the clearance going on or that they had a sign on the door stating that they weren't accepting coupons until I got there. :(