Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
All I Want For Christmas >

All I Want For Christmas

All I Want For Christmas

Old 12-16-2009, 12:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Shemjo
Good one, Billy! I guess you can go over to the tools area and use the cards!
All my tools and boxes I use are Snap-On (my best friend is a Snap-On dealer) so I just gave them to my wife to use on her and the kids.

Billy
Old 12-16-2009, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Pam S
Thanks everybody for making me realize what a great husband I have. He doesn't seem like he's listening to me and then I get great gifts like quilting magazine subscriptions, scissors, quilting books, storage stuff - he really was listening. About 10 years ago when I decided I was tired of sewing on the old basic Kenmore I bought when I was in college, I told him I wanted a new machine for Christmas. He didn't go out and buy one. What he did was, unbeknownst to me, he visited a couple of dealers and came home with several brochures and DVDs of different machines. They were all high-end embroidery machines and when I protested that I just wanted a nice, basic machine that made decent buttonholes (my old one didn't make good ones) here's what he said: " When a man wants to cut down some trees in the backyard, he goes out and buys a chainsaw. He doesn't buy a cheap chainsaw; he buys the best darn chainsaw he can find even if he only plans to use it once. You sew all the time so why not but the best machine you can? Why do women always hate to spend money on themselves?"
So of course, I went out and bought the best darn chainsaw, I mean sewing machine, I could find and I loved it. I have since added 2 more machines and upgraded to the best darn serger I could find. The guy is a real keeper. Oh, and that same year he went online and bought me a large assortment (50 spools) of Isacord embroidery thread for that new machine without me even asking! And he sold his chainsaw because he doesn't use it anymore.
Your hubby is great! What a sweetie! :thumbup:

And Billy, you are, too! :-D
Old 12-16-2009, 01:25 PM

Iv'e finally got my kids to get me gift cards to any fabric store! My DH is like Pam's, he says get the best and enjoy it. This year I bought my own present from him and he was happy with it. I got the DJ software, rulers and a bolt of muslin. Happy, happy!! He is also a keeper!!!
Old 12-16-2009, 03:39 PM

[quote=Sandy1951]I, too, like the idea of having my own quilt store, but only if I have plenty of help so I don't actually have to do anything except stroke the fabric and do my own quilting. :lol: Oh, and rake in the profits, of course! [quote]

This is the reason why I work in a quilt shop and not own one!! I don't have to worry about the bills and I do get to just stand around and stroke the fabric! It is the best of both worlds. Oh, and I bring A LOT of the fabric home with me too :)
Old 12-16-2009, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Loretta
Each book in the series is $149. Can you imagine the total series? I will have to wait a very long time. Maybe I can get her Sylvias Bridal Sampler instead. I love that book!Maybe my husband will get it for me! who knows?
Loretta---Barnes and Noble has the books on CD for $29.91 each if you are a B&N card member (just $25 a year)---that sure beats $149 each!
Old 12-16-2009, 03:59 PM

My husband is just like Pam S's husband. He listens to everything I say (even when I think he is just watching the football game and nodding to get me to stop talking). He is so thoughtful too---he goes to quilt shops and looks around and actually buys me things I like! Last year he bought me fabric, a HUGE square ruler, quilt books, etc. He is a keeper too!!! I am soooo lucky :)
Old 12-16-2009, 04:40 PM

I've loved this topic. DH and duaghters rarely buy me fabric but will buy me other things for sewing/quilting. Today, I just bought my own present from my Dh and girls from my LQS. I needed to replace my sewing box, got a nice maple one, and threw in some yards of fabric, a quilt book and a sewing dohickey. I won't be surprised but I'll be happy nad when I'm happy so is everyone else. Besides, everyone else almost always gets what they want so why not me?? Iloved the laughing monkey and will work in fabric shop any old day to receive my pay in fabric - sounds like a good proposal to me.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:07 PM
Banned

I know!! I know!!! We can all go in together and get ourselves a fabric store!!