Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: All People Quilt...Question....

All People Quilt...Question....

I just received the weekly news letter from APQ. There is a lovely quilt shown at the top of the page with red, turquoise etc. rectangles with, what looks like, a square in a square inside the rectangle. I would love to get this pattern, but can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know the name of this quilt?

I think this is the quilt in question. Sorry I don't know the name of the pattern or designer.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Well I searched for about 10 minutes but all I could find was a link to the Material Girls Shoppe in Wichita, Kansas. Maybe you could call or email them and ask about the pattern.

Thanks ladies. Yes, that is the pattern I'm talking about..... I think it would be so cute in retro fabric. I'll try to contact the owners. Wish me luck!

Blog Entries
    FYI, I'm almost positive the line of fabric they used in that quilt is Moda's Modern Vintage. Just in case you're curious.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
    FYI, I'm almost positive the line of fabric they used in that quilt is Moda's Modern Vintage. Just in case you're curious.
    I'm on my smartphone (at work Shame on me!!!!) so the picture isn't the best but I was going to say the Ruby collection which is by the same designers as Vintage Modern - Moda Bonnie and Camille. Both are on my favorite fabrics list!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    I'm on my smartphone (at work Shame on me!!!!) so the picture isn't the best but I was going to say the Ruby collection which is by the same designers as Vintage Modern - Moda Bonnie and Camille. Both are on my favorite fabrics list!
    Wow, you weren't kidding. I looked at Ruby and compared it to Vintage Modern - they both have similar prints and the same colorways; red, pink, turquoise, grey, and green. Honestly, I can't tell which line is in that quilt!!!

Blog Entries
    it does look like a square in a square with triangles added to the corners to make it a rectangle. then it seems to have white triangles added to the corners and sewn together. maybe the last square(set on point) added later. cute!!

Read this thread and trotted upstairs to my nightstand where I left the fall/winter 2012 issue of BHG Quilt Sampler Magazine. I remember reading about the new Witchita quilt shop, which is near my DD. Sure enough, there was the quilt hanging on their wall. So try materialgirlsquiltshoppe.com, or call them at 316-684-5855. Funny thing is, I got that issue from the owner of Water Wheel Quilt Shop in Londonderry VT, who spoke at our guild this month. They are also featured in the issue. Happy hunting, Munner!
    "The business of life is making memories. In the end, it is all we have." Butler Charlie Carson, Downton Abbey, season 4, episode 3, PBS.

Blog Entries
    When enlarging the picture from Material Girls Quilt Shoppe site, using ctrl+, the fabric line is definitely Ruby by Bonnie and Camille for Moda. Would love this pattern too.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast