Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
All Quilters....HELP!! >

All Quilters....HELP!!

All Quilters....HELP!!

Old 02-20-2010, 03:46 AM

I've never used the fusible batting, ok, never really heard of it. I must be living on a pebble or something to have not heard of it. lol
Anyway...I would do what Amma suggested. If you can applique over it or if you don't have your label on it, put it over it. I'm sure with time, it might come out, but maybe something "artistic" to cover it would be the answer.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:33 AM

I have used it in placemats, and it worked great. Did you try using a hair dryer to heat it back up?
Old 02-20-2010, 04:36 AM

Can you put a false back on it? If it is already quilted, lay another backing piece on then bind. you may have to stitch in the ditch in some areas to "requilt" it.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:43 AM

I have never had a 'glue' type feeling at all from fusible batting. I also havent had it stiff either. What brand are you using? Did you contact the manufacturer? I use it all the time and its a tad 'tacky' to feel when your working with it but never super sticky.. more like a felt that attaches itself to the fabrics. I am so sorry you had this experience. I order mine, its cotton from JoAnns.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:06 AM
Power Poster

I can't imagine a fusible batting have that much glue on it, it's usually just a light all over tacky. Picture restorers uses a solution that removes photographs stuck on glass without harming the picture. It will work to remove the glue. You can find a weaker solution at most craft stores I think it's called UnDo. It won't hurt fabric. It dissolves only the glue and is not toxic to skin.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:32 PM

YIPPEE!!! After trying EVERYTHING I could imagine/find on blogs/read on the manufacture's website, I gave up and tried Goof Off professional strength from my hubby's workshop! He uses it for plumbing. Smells horrible but disolved the glue while saving the colors in the fabric. I won't buy the fusable batting again but I will get my own can of Goof off!!! (btw, it's not a typo I had heard of goo be gone but this stuff is different)

Thanks soooooo much for your help!!!