Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: All the "thank you" when giving quilts...

Quote Originally Posted by spokanequilter View Post
    I'm always so disappointed when people say "it's too pretty to use". I hope every quilt I make for someone gets used until it's thin and raggedy!! The best thanks are also from my daughter. I have pictures of her with my quilts wrapped around her, and she has a few thrown across the furniture in her living room. Best thank you ever!!
    I hate that, too. I made it to be loved to pieces! I'm fortunate that my family does appreciate all the things I make them. Especially my DH. The first nap quilt I made him was in the spring & it was warm outside but not hot. I heard the A/C click on & said "Why are you turning that on?" & he said, "So I can sleep under my new quilt"! What a nut!

Your DD sounds like a little gem! Give her a big hug from me & my puppy dog!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

I agree with you. My DGD does the same thing.
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, and 4 crazy cats!

I have made my DGS 2 quilts so far and he sleeps under both at night, walks around with them wrapped around him, has to get one to sit and watch tv with me. He is 12 now, I see many more in his future since he loves them so much. All my adult children also love them and they realize how much time and work goes into them. They often call me to ask me to make one they could give as a gift for someone and they do pay for the materials.
    Jeanann

PROQUILTINATING : Working on quilting when you should be cleaning, doing laundry, or cooking.

Jim
    thats precious!!!....It feels so good to know they are loved and used...my 2 children and thier spouses and all 4 grands love them...(sometimes maybe to get more..LOL)
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort :lol:

Isn't that sweet. I love little girls, mine are grown. No grandkids yet!

I know who in my family appreciates what I make and give. I have a DDL who only appreciates hand made things from her grandmother. Nothing from me is ever in sight when I go to her house. Needless to say, hand made quilts will go to granddaughters whose mother appreciate what I make.

Attitudes of gratitude. Wonderful and makes you want to keep turning out the quilts.

in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)
    So nice to hear you have grateful people in your life who enjoy your quilts. I read about so many whose quilt goes unappreciated and it's painful to read. But I'll bet you are quick to show appreciation yourself... little apples don't fall far from trees.
    aka Chicken McLittle

If it's true we learn from our mistakes, I'm going to be a genius!

I think I figured out why some people don't seem to appreciate a home made quilt. They can't return it for a refund or exchange like they can a regular store bought gift. I may be wrong, but I think that may be one of the reasons.

Blog Entries
    My DDIL is the one I love to gift quilts to. She says she is in awe of my work, I wouldn't go that far. It just fills you up to know someone is happy with your work. Last year I gave a crocheted potholder to my Dr's receptionist, and everytime I go to the doctor, she tells me how much she loves that potholder and that she uses it every day. Now she is going to get a quilt for her soon-to-born baby.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast