Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: All those you gave us tutorials.

All those you gave us tutorials.

I had to write up a supplies list and instructions for our guild for a sew in we are having. I also had to make up several copies of the pattern. Wow, It is difficult to write up instructions. I had to make the item( which is a reversible childs apron with pockets) while I wrote the instructions so I would not miss a step. I have made several of these in the past and never thought a thing of it. Try to write it down is a different story. All of you who have done this for us, A BIG THANK YOU.
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

Blog Entries
    Hear hear!!

I have had 'adjusted' a pattern to fit my needs and still have trouble down the road figuring out what I meant.

IMHO when 'free' tutorials (patterns) are offered, I 'hope' there are no errors, but if there are that it is understandable. Hey, what does one want for FREE! On the other hand when, when I pay for the pattern/book I get a little upset. Grrrr!
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." -Confucius

https://picasaweb.google.com/home

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    I particularly enjoy writing pattern instructions and have posted several here on the board. I include graphics drawn with the Paint program on my computer. The process is time-consuming but is something I love doing. I have appreciated the value members here have placed on what I do and extend my own appreciation for those others have written and photographed.

Thank you for the acknowledgment.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

A BIG THANK YOU, Jan, I always enjoy your instructions and when you color them for us!

Blog Entries
    quote: "...several copies of the pattern, which is a reversible childs apron with pockets..."
    Any chance of posting the pattern here? It's exactly what I've been looking for, a bib-style reversible apron with pockets for my DGD's third birthday in June.

Blog Entries
    Your tutes are great, a round of applause to you from me!

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    I particularly enjoy writing pattern instructions and have posted several here on the board. I include graphics drawn with the Paint program on my computer. The process is time-consuming but is something I love doing. I have appreciated the value members here have placed on what I do and extend my own appreciation for those others have written and photographed.

Thank you for the acknowledgment.

Jan in VA
    If life gives you lemons, make a margarita.

I so agree with you sewingsuz . There are some great tutes here!
    Jan in Va
    - you do have great tutes. It is amazing how much time it takes - I made a sewing tote a while ago and several ladies here wanted the pattern. I was amazed how long it took to do the pics and directions!!
    Betty

A quilt will warm your body and comfort your soul.

http://notesfrommoosehaven.blogspot.com

The quilters on this board are so generous!
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu