Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: All you wonderful quilters are creating a monster

I see all your beautiful quilts in the pictures and I want one so bad. I started quilting yesterday and so far I have 1 quilt started and a crib quilt that needs a border and batting. I quilted blisters on my fingers today....blisters! I have been sewing for years and I have never gotten a blister from sewing.
    I have discovered that my seam ripper is my new best friend. Most seams on the crib quilt have been sewn at least three times. Thank goodness its not a queen size! I thought that I would be happy that the crib quilt was almost done but Im sad that I wont get to work on it anymore...its like finishing a really good book you can't put down.
    Thank you all for the inspiration.
    Im off to soak my blister covered fingers in bag balm ;)

Blog Entries
    It's great that you have started on your quilting! I want to start so bad that I had a dream last night that I quilted the perfect pattern! I woke up this morning determined to start again. Then, the pain began...I had clavicle/shoulder surgery a couple of days ago. So, alas a couple of more days of wait because I signed up for a Spicy Spiral Runner class this Saturday, and not even pain is going to stop me! Don't forget to show us a picture of your quilt :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    OUCH! Be sure to take care of yourselves. The Spicy Spiral Tablerunner is fun to make.

I hope you both feel better very soon! This is addicting, is it not?

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Welcome Spring! Please do share your quilt with us. In case you didn't know, there aren't any quilt police around. Just a note in case you are shy about showing your work. Anyone who even 'tries' to quilt is a hero here. Hope you enjoy the board.

Be aware, it is possible to get blisters on your fingers clicking from one post to another on this board. There are so many, many quilts and quilting tutorials and quilting suggestions that it IS possible to get blisters from your keyboard.

Happy Quilting! :-D

really?

Hope you two feel much better soon Blisters and Shoulder....Happy Quilting...ooooops sorry when your better.

Blog Entries
    Yep! Quilting is quickly addicting LOL
    I hope that you can find a thimble that works for you. If you can't use a thimble, try a bit of Liquid Bandaid on your finger, it does help :D:D:D

Power Poster
    Glad your having fun!

Hi Spring! Quilting is suppose to be fun..not harmful to you health LOL Welcome to the addict's club :lol:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast