Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Alright everyone, need your help w/pattern

My boss is retiring TUESDAY and the folks who were supposed to plan his going away party did nothing but order a cake.

Here's where I need the help--a fast, easy wallhanging sized pattern which will let me embroider some sentiment for the center of the block.

Ideas on blocks and sentiments would be so helpful for me.
    I browsed quilterscache and so far, carpenters wheel in 24 is appealing, but I'm not sure the center block would be big enough??

HELP!! I have tonight, Friday, Sat, Sunday and Monday PM to get this done. It's going to be a stretch but I'm willing to stay up late for a spell.

Do you have a lot of people, Julie? One that I've thought of for a business anniversary wall hanging is the Autograph Patch pattern in Quilter's Cache. Everyone can then write a sentiment and their name. Now you have my curiosity up, so I will keep looking for different ideas.

http://www.quilterscache.com/A/AutographPatchBlock.html

There are fewer than 20 employees but we have 20+ folks who attend our program w/ developmental disabilites. Most of them cannot write/speak. I"d like it to be from all of us.

Thanks for looking!

Oooh, look at this one! I like this and may use it myself for my boss.

http://www.quilterscache.com/A/ArtSq...ock_Page2.html

You could do a rail quilt (outside rails scrappy, inside rail white or offwhite) with a large center block (measurements taken from size of rail blocks) with the information you want in it. Then your co-workers can each sign a block on the inside rail.