Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Alternative for Janome 8900 O Foot >

Alternative for Janome 8900 O Foot

Alternative for Janome 8900 O Foot

Old 12-05-2015, 01:36 PM

I get the message "stop for safety reasons" all the time. But I'm using the regular plate. I may have to break down and take it in for service.
Old 12-05-2015, 03:40 PM

Problem has been solved. Yes, I had the right Clear View 1/4" foot. The problem was the needle plate. You see, I bought the floor model 8900 (grey faceplate) from my dealer. Instead of changing everything out, she just swapped out the box from 8900 Special Edition (blue faceplate). There have been a couple of updates including a different single stitch needle plate.

Went back to the dealer this morning and swapped out the needle plate. Put it in my machine and started sewing right away.

Very happy to say that my machine is working like a dream and I completed 18 one block wonder blocks today.

One happy camper!

Thank you everyone.
Old 12-05-2015, 04:29 PM

Glad to hear your problem has been solved. Happy sewing!
Old 12-05-2015, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by lyndaj View Post
Problem has been solved. Yes, I had the right Clear View 1/4" foot. The problem was the needle plate. You see, I bought the floor model 8900 (grey faceplate) from my dealer. Instead of changing everything out, she just swapped out the box from 8900 Special Edition (blue faceplate). There have been a couple of updates including a different single stitch needle plate.

Went back to the dealer this morning and swapped out the needle plate. Put it in my machine and started sewing right away.

Very happy to say that my machine is working like a dream and I completed 18 one block wonder blocks today.

One happy camper!

Thank you everyone.
Aha...I've been wondering if I need to get a new single needle plate as well. Mine says it all the time and I'm so frustrated I could spit!

I just got mine back from service...and it still says it esp. with the single hole plate.

Thanks!
Old 12-05-2015, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
I get the message "stop for safety reasons" all the time. But I'm using the regular plate. I may have to break down and take it in for service.
I do think something needs adjusting. The guy at the yahoo group said that some of the 8900s came out of the factory needing a screw infintesimal adjustment. But if you need to ask at the yahoo group, do that.

I do think I'll get another single hole needle plate.
Old 12-06-2015, 07:22 AM

Janome makes a foot called a Clear View foot.Its may favorite! its perfect for scant seams and has marking for 1/8 inch seams
Old 12-06-2015, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by lyndaj View Post
Thank you for your responses. Per the suggestion above, I went and bought the Clear View 1/4" Seam Foot.

I have changed to the straight stitch needle plate, checked by turning the hand wheel that the needle goes straight down the hole, but my machine will not work with the this foot/plate combination. I keep getting the "machine is started without the needle plate" symbol on the screen.

Help!

At this rate, I'm going to have to use the O foot with the guide. I'm losing time quickly to get two quilts done by Christmas.
I’m glad changing the needle plate helped. If you are getting these messages it could just be the sensor itself is not high enough. A height sensor in the machine tells it what needle plate is on. It can drop over time due to vibration of being used or shipped. The good news is its a very very easy fix for your repairman