Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Am I allowed to get rid of patterns?? >

Am I allowed to get rid of patterns??

Am I allowed to get rid of patterns??

Old 11-25-2010, 09:27 AM

Sometimes I think we make our lives too complicated because we (ME) think we must keep everything we ever got, from free patterns or magazines to the family dimestore heirlooms that nobody else wants(I have a whole chest full of these). I am trying to break this habit so I can have more room for the things I realy want, like more fabric!

So, share the wealth any way you want and don't feel any guilt at all :thumbup:
Old 11-25-2010, 01:08 PM

I have wondered about selling also. does anyone really know the copyright laws on this ? we are a big board, read by a huge amount of people, would hate to see someone get in trouble---although it would probably only be a "stop, please".
sometimes I see patterns put up here that I wonder about also. I don't think someones's pattern can be sent out unless it is from a site that says it is OK. If it is from a pattern we purchase, I don't think it is OK.
We have a member of our Guild that is right on top of that stuff because she markets patterns. if I can catch her before her AZ trip, I will ask.
I imagine this has come up before. guess I should check the archives before I open my mouth. today I will fill it with pumpkin pie !! Happy Thanksgiving !!
Old 11-25-2010, 05:23 PM

It's OK to 'Let Go' and move on.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by smitty
I have wondered about selling also. does anyone really know the copyright laws on this ? we are a big board, read by a huge amount of people, would hate to see someone get in trouble---although it would probably only be a "stop, please".
sometimes I see patterns put up here that I wonder about also. I don't think someones's pattern can be sent out unless it is from a site that says it is OK. If it is from a pattern we purchase, I don't think it is OK.
We have a member of our Guild that is right on top of that stuff because she markets patterns. if I can catch her before her AZ trip, I will ask.
I imagine this has come up before. guess I should check the archives before I open my mouth. today I will fill it with pumpkin pie !! Happy Thanksgiving !!
:-) :D Just Search Copy Right from what I've seen a hot topic, many opinions on how it reads :shock:
Enjoy the pie, apple for me today:)
Old 11-25-2010, 07:49 PM

Hey Lucyinthesky,
I am also in Tucson but would like to know which LQS has the freebie used patterns. I also have many patterns I have accumulated over the years that I would like to give away. And of course there might be some patterns I might want to try........LOL
Old 11-25-2010, 07:54 PM

Your not reprinting them and selling them. The ones you got for free you can give them away as free. the ones you bought you can sell for less or for what you paid for it. you just can't raise the cost of reprintg all of the patterns and sell the copies.