Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Am I allowed to get rid of patterns??

I have a huge pile of various patterns I have acquired. Some are ones I made once and know I won't make again. Others are ones I know I will never make but I got them free through a shop hop or BOM or something. So am I allowed to get rid of those?? They're originals, not copies. I just feel like I'm going to break a quilting law or commandment - thou shalt not get rid of patterns... so I need some reassurance that it is okay! Lol.

Happy Thanksgiving :)

I dont see why not.

Blog Entries
    Many times when you get something FREE, it will state not for resale. If it was a BOM, that could be different. There are so many opinions because of copyright laws, but I have given a few things away. The only problem I can see is if you charge for free patterns.

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    LOL I gave 2 boxes full to our woman's shelter store to sell. I figured it was a good way to share the love!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sadiemae
    Many times when you get something FREE, it will state not for resale. If it was a BOM, that could be different. There are so many opinions because of copyright laws, but I have given a few things away. The only problem I can see is if you charge for free patterns.
    Yeah, I wouldn't want to sell them. They're a single piece of printed paper, seems a little silly to sell. At my LQS, there's an area where people bring in stuff they don't want and other people can take it, so my patterns would go there

Banned
    if you belong to a guild then take them there and put on a free table or if they have a sale table, let them sell them

Of course you can sell them. Even the free ones.

You all are over thinking this way too much. If they're original patterns, of course you can resell them. That's what our classified section is for.

Sure, you payed 4 them its your call! 8-)

Blog Entries
    I've been getting rid of some of my patterns. sold some and some i just included with purchase as an extra! i have so many, i know i'm not going to make them all. not in a million yrs!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast