Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 164

Thread: Am I the only bare foot quilter out there?

  1. #21
    Super Member MaryStoaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    La Quinta, CA
    Posts
    3,897
    Quote Originally Posted by Joset View Post
    i use socks this time of year but summer i am barefooted. i cannot use shoes
    on the foot pedal i just dont judge it right when pushing down.
    That's what I do too!
    Mary

  2. #22
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New York City/Manhattan
    Posts
    1,274
    Barefoot 99% of the time, socks the other 1%. I have to take off my shoes to test a machine--the owner always laughs but knows I do this. Even at retreats, the shoes come off. I simply cannot sew with shoes on, never could, and likely never will! I get teased about this a lot at retreats.
    Laurie in NYC

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    126
    I am not a fan of being barefoot, so I always have some sort of footwear on. When I use my sewing machine, I can't sew comfortably in most of my shoes so in the winter I have one special pair of sewing slippers, and in the summer I have a special pair of sewing sandals.
    Laura

    Paying it forward, one Smile at a time!
    http://twistedvegas.com

  4. #24
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    2,494
    Barefoot here unless it's bitter cold then best case it's just socks. I even wear my flip flops outside in the winter unless I'm out for an extended period and it's really cold. Hate shoes!

  5. #25
    Junior Member pyffer3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Shubuta, Mississippi
    Posts
    206
    I can't sew with shoes on either. I sew with a slipper on the left foot propped on a small stool and right foot bare. When it's really cold I have one of those tiny cheap heaters I put in front of my feet for a little added warmth. I never thought others had this same issue....I feel like there is more control with my bare foot. I like to drive barefoot too, but can't always do that! LOL

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Manchester, NH
    Posts
    703
    Up until the cold weather, I'm with you, I sew with bare feet. When it gets cold I wear sneaker socks. Keeps my feet toasty!

  7. #27
    Senior Member Lyncat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Buckeye AZ
    Posts
    970
    I'm always barefoot! I learned years ago how to put my feet down on carpet as I walk so if there is a pin or needle lurking it won't go deep into my foot. Now I have tile floors so it seems safer!

  8. #28
    Super Member wolph33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wi
    Posts
    9,437
    bare footer here.my sewing room is carpeted and over the basement which has a wood furnace-so I am lucky to have a warm floor.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    406
    I use my athletic shoes. I never run around barefoot, ever. I have dificulty walking so I need the treads on the bottom of my shoes to keep me from slipping and falling.

  10. #30
    Super Member crafty pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Live Oak, Texas
    Posts
    4,545
    Flip flops are my main choice around the house and I take off my right one when I am ready to sew. When you live in Texas you have to be careful of what might be hiding in the carpet than can give you a nasty sting if you step on it without something on your feet.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.