Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: Am I the only one?

My Christmas decorations are often up for Valentines Day. I put red paper hearts on the trees. This year I put up only 4 trees instead of my usual 10. I have red lights around the walls in the kitchen. Quilting IS more important, isn't it?
    http://www.oregonquilting.net
    I choose to give my life away for things that last forever

I quilted instead of getting them out!
    You know that feeling when you've finished all your quilting projects and your studio is perfectly clean???? Me neither.

It's not how fast you sew, it's how well you sew fast! Wait, I think that's supposed to be MOW!

Since my children have grown and gone, it's just me and my cat here. I don't bother putting them up! which means I don't have to take them down. I visit the kids and enjoy their festive spirit. This also means I can give them "heirloom" decor from down in the basement!

I remove all the Christmas greenery & leave anything with reds up for the next holiday, Valentines Day. Less to put away now & more quilting time. Once Valentines day is over, the rest gets put away. Less stress, again more time for quilting.
    Sew much fabric....sew little time.

Ha Ha! I'm glad to see that I am in good company! Hooray for quilting!
    Emily

A fugitive from the Quilt Police

Today, Jan.5, Our birthday, We put our tree up on Dec. 15th. and take down the day after our birthday; Jan.6th. I am trying something new this year. Resoultion: Monday-Wash and house cleaning day; Tuesday--QUILT Day; Wednesday--Study day(Mandolin, a new language, etc.)......... Thursday--extra house pickup day. Friday--nothing and take a nap for the area's Musicals...every Friday 4pm-10pm. Saturday--work around the Farm. Sunday-Church and a nap when we get home. Don't know if it will work but I am going to try and try to get all my UFO's done too.

Blog Entries
    I started putting the decorations away by bringing in all the storage containers and putting them on the floor in front of the TV. I filled maybe two or three of the boxes and decided to do something else. This same behavior went on for about four days. I finally got tired of seeing the boxes and not seeing the TV so well. I finally finished it. One reason it did not bother me too much, I was spending whole days in my studio sewing instead.
    Peggy
    Keep on Quilting!
    http://www.beehivequilts.com
    http://www.beehivequilt.blogspot.com/

My tree is down, other decorations stay up for awhile, Snowbabies !

My tree is still up, I love it up as long as the needles are still on. Jan 6th is Mom's birthday and Ephithany so it is a must until then. maybe another week . I do have to get back into my quilting room!
    Donna

I have spent my time getting every thing in my sewing room organized after going crazy making gifts. The tree is still up. I do love the smell of a live tree. Well dead now,it is still taking water and not too many needles have fallen. Still have some gifts under the tree and turn the lights on every night. I love the joy of making Christmas magic last .
    When it comes down I do a little at a time so I still have me time in the sewing room.
    It is more more enjoyable after the family rush of visiting.
    Plus quilting comes first!
    Christina(Chrissy)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7