Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Am I the only one? >

Am I the only one?

Am I the only one?

Old 09-27-2012, 09:14 PM

I hope there is a 12 step program for this, too. I'm in need of it. I'm guilty of this. I'm a what if type of person. What if I want to do that quilt & I can't find it. I should know better because all I would have to do is ask on the QB. You people on here can find anything. One of my problems is that I'm not very computer savvy. I wish I knew as much as BellaBoo. I would love to save them then send them to my Nook when I wanted one. It would make my life so much easier & a whole lot less cluttered. When I'm gone they can have one great bonfire. But, until then I will still be printing off a few patterns now and then.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:27 PM

I now have more blocks printed that I will never get done and plan so many projects don't know how it all will be accomplished I know this but I still keep adding to the piles
Old 09-27-2012, 10:39 PM

I do some of them, if they somehow aren't in a PDF file or the picture alone isn't self-explanatory. Otherwise, I have a file on my computer called quilt ideas. I save pictures and pdf files to it. I also have book marks and put them in a folder called quilting and sewing ideas.

But I find that sometimes blogs quit being on line or those links get old and expired. So, actually printing them out or saving a pdf or jpg file to your own computer or your cloud would be the best way to keep them, if you want them for sure.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:38 PM
QM
Power Poster

Most of my quilty friends do this. I did, but now I turn those patterns into QuiltPro files on my computer. It's much easier to find what I want.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:27 AM

My trusty flashdrive goes everywhere with me
Old 09-28-2012, 02:52 AM

I have done the same thing, can't pass up downloading a pattern that I hope to some day make. I bought a binder and page protectors, I got 125 at Staples for about twelve dollars. I put my downloaded patterns in the sheet protectors along with the patterns I tear out of magazines. I found I had a huge stack of quilting magazines so I tear out what I want to keep, including a section in my binder for single blocks and tips, and toss the adds and rest of the magazine in the recycling bin. I love sitting down every so often and paging through my pattern binder and wishing I had more time to make my favorites.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:41 AM

Absolutely, not alone! I do the same thing..have my own file drawer for printouts...lol
Old 09-28-2012, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by sewbeadit View Post
Am I the only one that prints off free quilt patterns and such from the computer and have it in stacks in my sewing room? I bought some hanging file totes to put them in. There is so much information out there it is keeping my ink supplier in business!
Mine too! And the paper supplier as well.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:06 AM

I have a huge binder that holds the ones I printed off. I put threm in the clear plastic pages. I'm not printing anymore off unless it's something small I just can't resist. I'll never live long enough to get all I have done.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:17 AM

I save them on a USB, takes up no space to speak of to store the USB and can view whenever I need a pattern. I used to print out everything and became so over run with paper, files, etc and found I never read them. I have stasrted scanning magazines for what I want in them and saving on USB and passing the magazines along to outhers. If I never read what I sacnned it does nto matter, UBS only takes up a couple inches of space compared to space magazines take up.