Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Angel Quilt?

Angel Quilt?

Howdy y'all :c)

Boy do I have my hands full! I have a quilt to finish by my niece's birthday on 10/23 (did I mention I haven't started it yet?), a rag quilt to complete for my nephew for Christmas, and both of my sisters have told me they want a quilt for their birthdays! My oldest sister's birthday is in March, and she LOVES angels. She collects them, and I think it would be safe to say that she has over 100 of them. So I thought I'd like to make her an angel quilt. Unfortunately, all of the patterns I've been able to find online are for table runners or wall hangings. I haven't been able to find anything for making actual bed quilts. Can anyone out there help me please? :::::using the ol' puppy dog eyes treatment:::::

Donna
    DonnaFreak

"Some days it's just not worth it to chew through the leather straps."

How about re-working one of the wall hanging or runner patterns?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blog Entries
    I have this one on my to do list. You could always add additional blocks to make it the size you need. Good luck and please keep us up dated. Hope this helps you out!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    quilter711
    Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaFreak View Post
    Howdy y'all :c)

Boy do I have my hands full! I have a quilt to finish by my niece's birthday on 10/23 (did I mention I haven't started it yet?), a rag quilt to complete for my nephew for Christmas, and both of my sisters have told me they want a quilt for their birthdays! My oldest sister's birthday is in March, and she LOVES angels. She collects them, and I think it would be safe to say that she has over 100 of them. So I thought I'd like to make her an angel quilt. Unfortunately, all of the patterns I've been able to find online are for table runners or wall hangings. I haven't been able to find anything for making actual bed quilts. Can anyone out there help me please? :::::using the ol' puppy dog eyes treatment:::::

Donna

Chose the block design you like best and don't worry how it's shown.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Blog Entries
    Here's a paper pieced one. It's in Christmas colors, but you could make it to fit her decor
    http://www.paperpanache.com/ecart/Pangel.htm
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Blog Entries
    Love the Angel Babies, did a swap with them a couple years ago. Everybody decorated them with all kinds of goodies. I got one that even had a green mohawk, lol. I used the blocks as part of my Relay for Life quilt last year. FatCat has an Angel Block of the Month going on.

beggars can't be choosers ;-) I have more fun making quilts for people who don't ask for them.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

The Angel Babies is cute! My DFIL has asked me to make a quilt for a DF's DGD (confused yet?) who is special needs. He wanted it to have different fabrics for tactile since she is also blind. This might just do the trick! I could make the dresses out of different types of fabric!

Thanks!!!!

Diannia
    I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed!

Quote Originally Posted by quilter711 View Post
    I have this one on my to do list. You could always add additional blocks to make it the size you need. Good luck and please keep us up dated. Hope this helps you out!
    This is one darling angel.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quilter711 View Post
    awwww, that's so cute
    Nancy in western NY

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast