Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Angel quilt

Blog Entries

Angel quilt

I have been asked to make an "Angel Quilt" for a friend's daughter. Apparently the daughter has an old quilt made by great great grandmother that they want to hang on wall. Does anyone on here know what she is talking about? Thanks in advance! I love this informational board and have learned almost daily from it Thank you all ☺

I've heard of angel quilts for the burial of children who have died, for the memory of children who died, or for sick children. Perhaps they mean that the quilt would be placed on the wall in memory of the great great grandmother?

Perhaps they just want a quilted wall hanging with an angel on it. Loads of applique designs for that, just google it. There are also some pieced angel patterns too.

Blog Entries
    When I asked her about it she said someone at her church showed her an angel quilt and it was the old quilt made into an angel with wings on the wall. And that's all she remembered about it. I will have to ask her to be more specific tonight.

Power Poster
    There was a gorgeous satin quilt done of just angel wings last year on QB. You placed the newborn on it for photos. It was done by hcarpanini and posted under My Christmas Angel.
    Last edited by Tartan; 07-22-2013 at 02:11 PM.

The angel wall hanging I saw used only small sections of the quilt as the wings and maybe the dress of the angel.
    You could make it whatever size you wanted.

Blog Entries

I have the pattern for the Christmas Angel quilt - just need to make it. I guess I have plenty of time - it would be for a great grandchild and hopefully it will be a while before one comes along!

Blog Entries
    There is a beautiful angel quilt on here with a little girl in a dark red dress on an angel quilt. Seen it about 7 hours go. I think ini true.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Quote Originally Posted by VivianW View Post
    When I asked her about it she said someone at her church showed her an angel quilt and it was the old quilt made into an angel with wings on the wall. And that's all she remembered about it. I will have to ask her to be more specific tonight.
    I have a real simple angel block that could be used to cut from an old quilt and refashioned into a big angel. I can't do pictures. So I'll see if I can find a link. However I'm not at all sure this is where you're going.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast