Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Angels Undercover...going strong!

Angels Undercover...going strong!

I have not posted anything for a while but I wanted to update everyone. Angels Undercover, a non profit that makes quillows for children in hospitals, foster care,shelters and an orphanage, delivered 85 quillows last year, we were 15 short of our goal but I still think we did an awesome job.

This year, we have already delivered 40 quillows, most to children with grave disease and some to children in foster care. We have just recently received requests in other parts of the country...amazing! The hardest part is ascertaining whether the children meet our criteria.

I have attached some photo's. Thank all of you who have donated to our cause but I especially want to thank all of your for your prayers.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image      Click to view large image 
    One more material Girl~

What beautiful happy little faces! Your Quillows are wonderful and fabric choices are fantastic. Kudo's to all of you!

They are fantastic....excellent job and kudos to all involved.

The hardest part is ascertaining whether the children meet our criteria.

I would have to agree with the above statement... when it comes to wee little one's... I am a sucker. lol I must take after my dad. As a little girl I remember stopping at the store because we needed something... he had one buck left to his name... he gave it to a little boy selling candy bars. Dad said to me....never just walk past a child, if they take the time and task of this job...show your support... it will always make them a better person.
    Faye

Blog Entries
    love them keep up the good work

Keep up the wonderful work!!!

I love the quillows! A local Bernina store is offering a class on quillows. I think I'll take it! These children look so happy to receive their quillow! Great work!
    Why do I keep trying to find the "like" button?

Viking Husqvarna 950 S; Bernina 1150 MDA

Blog Entries
    First I have heard about this. Do you supply a pattern? I used to work for a NFP that helped abused kids. We were always looking for soft snuggly items for the kids when we first saw them. We were usually able to get donations of teddy bears, but for older kids a quillow would be better.
    Proud Parent of one Dwight Canada Student, my son graduated this year and is on his way to UVic.

http://dwightcanada.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Tothill View Post
    First I have heard about this. Do you supply a pattern? I used to work for a NFP that helped abused kids. We were always looking for soft snuggly items for the kids when we first saw them. We were usually able to get donations of teddy bears, but for older kids a quillow would be better.
    I have a website and we are on Facebook. Angelsundercover.com has a pattern on one of the pages.
    One more material Girl~