Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Singer 160 Owners - Dilemma

Anniversary Singer 160 Owners - Dilemma

Okay, need your help - anyone who has the new Singer 160. I have finished a quilt on her "Annie" and went to clean out the bobbin area and when I removed the plate I noticed that in the manual (always follow the directions the first time) on page 50, pictures 3 and 4 showed a bracket holding in the bobbin case. (see attached picture - the arrow under 3 shows the part). My machine does not have that bracket. Would you check your machine and see if your machine has this bracket..please. I called the Singer help line and the lady told me not to worry about it if my machine was working okay. It is....but I need to know if this is a part they just decided not to put on the new machine and the manual picture is inaccurate or if I need to get this part. Thank you for checking!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Busy in Ohio

I checked mine and I do not have that bracket on mine either. My manual show that bracket to. Hmmm?

Yeah, sometimes they just change stuff at the factory and don't bother changing the manual to reflect the change. Sounds like that's what they did in this case. JMHO
    Charlie DiSante

Blog Entries
    I'LL check mine tomorrow...it's in the case tonight!! Will post what I find!

Blog Entries
    I haven't looked at my book, but that picture looks like feed dogs to me.
    Bernie

virtualbernie, I think you are right, it is the feed dog. I don't have the 160 anniversary one but I have the Featherweight 75 (the white one before the black one) and it looks exactly like my machine looks with the bobbin case out. I think it just shows that you put the bobbin case under this when you put it back in.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by virtualbernie View Post
    I haven't looked at my book, but that picture looks like feed dogs to me.
    Yes, that bracket that you're pointing at is not on my 160 (I checked). That bracket is in on other Singers and it makes it a royal pain in the butt to get the bobbin case in and out. Maybe they realized this?
    Bernie

Will check mine for you when I get home tonight.

Just as an aside, I think the manual for this machine is one of the WORST I've ever seen. It took me a half-hour just to figure out how to thread the machine following their ridiculous diagram, and I've been sewing for 45 years!

It is the other arrow right under the 3 - in the picture, it has the screw in it. Thanks for the input.
    Busy in Ohio

Just checked. No bracket.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast