Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Another log cabin being done.

  1. #1
    Super Member girliegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Palmer Township, PA
    Posts
    1,651
    Blog Entries
    1
    My Mom's log cabin was sent out to be quilted !! so I sat and cut out another one... I got all the squares sewn together, hmmm taking a break and gonna sew alittle something different....

  2. #2
    Power Poster blueangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    20,475
    I love log cabins.

  3. #3
    Super Member gale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    North-Central Indiana
    Posts
    4,128
    Blog Entries
    1
    I have never done a log cabin. I may have to try one one of these days. Do you cut all the strips to size before sewing them or do you sew and trim?

  4. #4
    Super Member girliegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Palmer Township, PA
    Posts
    1,651
    Blog Entries
    1
    cut all your strips to 2 1/2" and then sew.... get Eleanor Burns Quilt in a day log cabin book. I love this book. this is my last log for a while....
    Quote Originally Posted by gale
    I have never done a log cabin. I may have to try one one of these days. Do you cut all the strips to size before sewing them or do you sew and trim?

  5. #5
    Super Member gale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    North-Central Indiana
    Posts
    4,128
    Blog Entries
    1
    thanks-I will look for that book!

  6. #6
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    2,294
    I love LogCabin quilts! But have only pieced one and it was a gift to DDL. I think I would need to cut the strips to size for me to keep all the blocks uniform.

  7. #7
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    13,844
    butttttttt, you haven't shown us your Mom's quilt?

    Is this the Christmas/Birthday one you're doing for her?
    Or another one?

    Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!
    puhleeeeeeeeease???

  8. #8
    Super Member girliegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Palmer Township, PA
    Posts
    1,651
    Blog Entries
    1
    mom's went to Gramyx7 to be quilted so i will post it as soon as i get it back!

    Yes one of my Mom's christmas birthday quilts... she will get it as soon as i get it back cause i showed it to her !!

    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE
    butttttttt, you haven't shown us your Mom's quilt?

    Is this the Christmas/Birthday one you're doing for her?
    Or another one?

    Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!
    puhleeeeeeeeease???

  9. #9
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    13,844
    Quote Originally Posted by girliegirl
    mom's went to Gramyx7 to be quilted so i will post it as soon as i get it back!

    Yes one of my Mom's christmas birthday quilts... she will get it as soon as i get it back cause i showed it to her !!

    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE
    butttttttt, you haven't shown us your Mom's quilt?

    Is this the Christmas/Birthday one you're doing for her?
    Or another one?

    Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!
    puhleeeeeeeeease???
    One of!!!!!!!!
    WOW ... she's one lucky Mom, to have such a sweet daughter as you!!!!!

  10. #10
    Super Member girliegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Palmer Township, PA
    Posts
    1,651
    Blog Entries
    1
    she should get plenty for putting up with me!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.