Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another reason to Prewash

Have any of you read the latest Quilter's Home magazine.
    There is an interesting article in it talking about pre-washing and it might convince those who don't to start.

The author mentioned working with shipping containers that come from anywhere and the fact that there generally is evidence of stowaways.....rats.

Many of you have read about washing the tops of canned goods with soap and water before opening it for the same reason...rats in warehouses. Same applies to all containers I'm afraid.

So if I didn't make it a habit of pre-washing I sure would change after reading that one.

:shock:

Unless your making it in your back room.. ya just never know and probibly don't want to, thats for a lot of things tho... Thanks for the info.

This is why I pre-wash all the time. Warehouses and ships are not as clean as people imagine (neither are some restaurant kitchens!).

Am washing washing washing

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by earthwalker
    This is why I pre-wash all the time. Warehouses and ships are not as clean as people imagine (neither are some restaurant kitchens!).
    So true! I prewash because when I made garments all the time I washed first to make sure nothing was going to shrink.

I pre shrink my battings that are 80% cotton too. I have found that they will shrink about 6" in both directions.
    D

I think I am going to be sick... ewwwww. Now I won't buy anything precut b/c I don't feel like those can be prewashed. you totally have a convert.

Sounds like one more good reason to wash.

Who would of thought...prewashing

I'm a pre-washer from the get go, but have never considered the fact about rats. :shock: OMG!!!! Hate rodents!!!! EWWWWWE! YUCK!!!!!

OK, I may be alone, but this doesn't bother me a bit. I never wanted to or thought I could protect myself from all dirt and germs. I don't mind a little bit of rat feces here and there. If I actually saw some, I would wash an individual piece of fabric, but I won't wash everything just in case. Still no prewashing for me.

But then again, a lady yelled at me just yesterday for giving my son back a toy that had hit the floor.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast