Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Rookie mistake, what would you have done.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    I glue and sew fabric over mistakes all the time in my quilts. If I don't have a sharp point where it needs to be I make it sharp. If I cut off a point I add one.
    Love your attitude - thank you! Make it happen & 'git 'er done'!
    Question: when you "sew fabric over mistakes", do you then secure it with small stitches, maybe like needleturn applique?

QM
    I don't see it at all. If it were mine AND I planned it to be actively used, such that it would need regular washing, I MIGHT take it out and redo the block. If it were to be adorning a wall, there is no reason to do anything about it.

I might add, my early quilts didn't look anything like that good. Give yourself a pat on the back. You deserve it.

Beautiful quilt.

I can't even see any mistake. You did a really good job of it and it's not noticeable at all. You would really have to point it out since I just don't see it. :)

Blog Entries
    Your quilt is beautiful. I didn't realize it was a log cabin until some one mentioned it.
    I made a Civil War Sampler quilt and had it in to quilt shows, not the judging kind, before a man pointed out that one of the blocks was in the wrong place. The lady that was running the show told him I did it on purpose. Of course I hadn't. Of all the people that have seen the quilt he is the only one that noticed the misplaced block.

Quilts are made not to be perfect, only God can do that. It is a beautiful quilt and I do not see your error. Frankly my dear I am a newbie and would have never tackled such a project.

You did great and I probably would have fixed the problem the same way. Hey, if I have a seam that will just not match up, I've been known to put an applique of something in that spot and people will say. What a nice touch, they don't know it's hiding a glaring mistake.....That's our little secret.

I don't see your mistake. The only mistake I can see is that it's not at my house. LOL. I think it's beautiful and you should be proud of it.

:thumbup:

Wow!!!!! That's just beautiful :) Can't see anything wrong.

i can't see it either. and a little mistake makes it unique. don't tell anybody else and they will probably never find it.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast