Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Rookie mistake, what would you have done.

Attached is picture of quilt called Kinabalu designed by Ginny Beyer, It was fun to do and I am pleased with how it turned out but, As I started to trim the first corner to put in the triangle piece that is fussy cut from the border fabric, I was so caught up in precise placement of the piece, I cut off the wrong $%^$## corner.( as you see from the pic it needs to be in the dark area. )I set it aside for a while, and when I talked to my friend that is teaching me, did I mention I am fairly new. She said always sew the piece on before trimming the underneath piece. Well the other 15 blocks went great. My next step was( I am sure now) wrong, I fixed the error with fusible web and then zigzaged to prevent fraying. It doesn't show much at all, but I think now, I should have made a new block. Did I ruin the whole thing?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I will say, I can't see it. Your quilt is absolutely beautiful. I am going to watch this thread because I want to better understand what was wrong and what was the way to fix it.

Again, beautiful work. I think you might be being a bit hard on yourself.

I'm with Vicki, I do not see it and your quilt is beautiful.
    JulieM

Blog Entries
    Wow, that is a beautiful quilt and I can't see the mistake either! The only issue I can think of is whether it will hold up to multiple washings!

Blog Entries
    I glue and sew fabric over mistakes all the time in my quilts. If I don't have a sharp point where it needs to be I make it sharp. If I cut off a point I add one.

Your quilt looks beautiful!!!

It looks beautiful here, can't see any mistake at all, so you surely didn't ruin the whole thing. And don't think that's a mistake that only rookies make either.

Can't tell where the mistake was. It's a very beautiful quilt.

I don't see the mistake either and even after reading your post several times I still have no clue which corner you cut by mistake. It is a beautiful quilt. If you are concerned about the structural integrity of the repair, quilt it a bit more. That should hold up.

Don't beat yourself up-it's a lovely quilt. My philosophy is that only God is perfect. And I can't see the mistake you are talking about anyway.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast