Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Another thank you >

Another thank you

Another thank you

Old 01-31-2011, 10:41 PM

I want to once again thank Roolen for the wonderful tutorial on the star spin table topper. My quilting New Year's resolution is to learn something new in quilting at least every month this year, and I seem to be off to a good start. I got a short lesson in trump work (don't think I'll go there much), but have wanted to try this star spin since the first time I saw it. I am also going to attempt a repair on an antique quilt for my Granddaughter that was made by her Great Grandmother, and when she took it from storage to use for our newest great granddaughter, all of the quilting threads have disentigrated. soooooooooooo, they are sending it to me to see if there is some way to repair it. I will take it to my guild Thursday night to see if I can get some advice there. otherwise, I'll be hitting up this group to see what can be done with it. I haven't seen it yet and I am sure I will need to take pics. I can't imagine what could have completely come apart, but we'll see. My only thought is that it may have been tied instead of quilted, but don't know as yet. I do know that my MIL did all of her quilting by hand, and it just seems possible that this quilt being small, may have been tied. That is an easy fix. Wish me luck with the star spin. I'll post pics when its done.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:11 AM
Power Poster

I love your resolution! I can't wait to see this quilt :D:D:D