Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Any advice on an Embroidery only machine??

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Hi everyone,
    I've searched the posts and can't find any answers that are recent.
    I would love to get an embroidery only machine. I'd like one that isn't too limited as I heard some only do small things.
    I don't want to spend a fortune but want something that does nice embroidery.
    Thanks for any advice!!
    Sue

Blog Entries
    Check out the Janome 350E machine. USB connectivity, 5 x 7 and gigahoop size capability. Janome quality.

I got the Janome 350E last fall and love it. I haven't had a minutes problem with it and basically plugged it in and started using it. I don't regret the purchase at all.

Quote Originally Posted by scowlkat
    Check out the Janome 350E machine. USB connectivity, 5 x 7 and gigahoop size capability. Janome quality.
    I have the Janome 350E and love it. It is very user friendly, has 3 built in fonts as well as 70+ built in designs. I purchased a external hard drive to use instead of having to hook it up to my computer to use. It has the automated thread cutter as well as a warning for a low bobbin. It was a major investment for me but am happy with it. There is nothing like making something for someone and being able to personalize it, too. I make my quilt labels, too, along with tea towels, pot holders, aprons. I have had no issues with my machine at all. I began with a Brother combo and within a week I knew that I wanted a machine that would do more, the Janome 350E was it.

I've been checking prices and they all look to be about 1000.00-
    Not aware of why I have to hook it up to a computer- that's how much I don't know about them!
    I saw a dealer near me who sells them, it's a LQS.
    Thanks to all for advice! :)

Blog Entries
    I've had a couple of brother's with no problems. My sister and niece also haven't had any issues. I saw a couple on allbrands for around $700. You don't really need to hook it directly to your computer, but if you download embroidery designs from the internet, you need a way to get them into your machine. You can hook it directly to your PC or put the designs on a usb stick (thumb drive) and transfer them that way.

Susan, I really like my 350E Janome. You don't hook it up to a computer to operate, but you can download designs from a computer; I put them onto a memory card. It has lots of built in designs and can do a range of sizes. It is the most fun machine I have ever owned! I still marvel, just watching it sit there and turn out beautiful things!

Does that price I keep seeing look right???

Live in Michigan, but I'm in Heaven when in my sewing room
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    Does that price I keep seeing look right???
    Susan,
    I just purchased my Janome 300 for 1000.00. The 350 would have been 300.00 more. The 300 has all the same feature except you can't use a memory stick, only the pc card which is basically the same thing. The other difference was, it does not have the thread cutter. I didn't find either of these differences worth 300.00 for MY budget. I absolutely love, love, love it. And, I have already download quite a few free designs off the internet.

Happy shopping
    Peggy

Senior Member Candy Apple Quilts's Avatar
    Janome and Brother are both great brands!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast