Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
any designs team tshirt quilt/bed throw >

any designs team tshirt quilt/bed throw

any designs team tshirt quilt/bed throw

Old 02-20-2010, 10:06 AM

I have various emblems from team uniform, Tigers,etc. And My "mission" is to make a small blanket out of them. I bought some pellum to use for backing on the t-shirt material, and I was thinking of using some maroon flannel/fleece, ad maybe sewing each piece together and then attaching to make a small throw. I just wondered if anyone had any other solutions/ideas?
Old 02-20-2010, 12:32 PM

I don't have a pattern for it but I saw a quilt made with the collar and top of the shoulders in the quilt . Very cute.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:07 PM

Hi!

I've done a few t-shirt quilts -- here's what I've done to see if it will help.

DZ Quilt - I framed each shirt, bag, hoodie, etc in flannel, then I squared it up to match a piece of backing flannel - quilted squares individually then sewed them together to make a tshirt/rag quilt

JMHS Quilt - I just cut the shirts in to the squares, and kept adding brown and gold squares around them. - If I had this one to do over it would be so much neater and "organized"

OCSA Quilt - I drew a giagantic star on the backing fabric, then pieced the shirts to fit inside the star. outlined the star with that pretty sparkly black fabric, then added purple/teal squares until the quilt was the right size.

Student Quilt - This is the closest to a regular quilt i've done - Shirts with actual sashing between them.

=) enjoy -- I love making tshirt quilts!

DZ Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14713[/ATTACH]

JMHS Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14714[/ATTACH]

OCSA Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14715[/ATTACH]

Student Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14782[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-14713.jpe   attachment-14714.jpe   attachment-14715.jpe   attachment-14782.jpe  
Old 02-21-2010, 12:38 PM

I found a really neat book at the library about making t shirt quilts, had some beautiful ones in it, like shirts that were from a bicycle group haad a bike path going all around the quilt, through woods across river etc. they were really cute and had for men and women, a pink and purple one for a girl that runs for the breast cancer, along with hearts and of course pink ribbons for the extra blocks, just kind of what ever the imagination took off for.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:06 AM

All are unusual and great looking!
Old 02-22-2010, 03:13 PM

wow!! those are magnificent examples! You have really given me some incentives. alrightee. thank you so much. looks like you have a drama queen/king in your family, too.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by howard anne baumann
wow!! those are magnificent examples! You have really given me some incentives. alrightee. thank you so much. looks like you have a drama queen/king in your family, too.
Lol - thanks! I teach theatre at the brown/gold school - I had more shirts than I knew what to do with!!! I also taugh at the purple/teal school - it was an arts school.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:16 PM

my tshirts are all different sizes. I have started with the biggest and am creating as i go