Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: any ideas

Blog Entries

any ideas

I wanted to make a BQ2 quilt with the fabric my daughter bought for mothers day but there isn't enought yardage and I want to give this to her when finished. I have 5 fabrics, 4 of which I only have 1 yard ,the 5th one I have 2 yards. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do with this if I can not find any more of this fabric? She has a d9p,shooting star, wedding days, northern neighbors, log cabin, jewel box and a humming bird little sipper. I really want something to show case this fabric it is called Charleston by Fabri-quilt and has purples, pinks, greens and blue. It is quite pretty.

Lived in San Diego now retired in Eagar, AZ.
    Blog Entries
    it depends on what you're doing, but that is a lot of fabric... you should be able to make a queen size quilt if they are used fairly equally.... have you checked it out yet?

Blog Entries
    A Warm Wishes would showcase your prettiest fabric.

A queen quilt is *about* 90" x 100". This is 9000 square inches. You have 6 yards of fabric, which (figuring 40" usable width) is 8640 square inches, and that's without any patchwork seams taken into account. You need more fabric!