Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Any interest in fabric  Swaps >

Any interest in fabric Swaps

Any interest in fabric Swaps

Old 04-13-2011, 04:51 PM

I think I just became addicted to the ten minute block. Just don't have enough variety. So any interest in a 10.5 fabric swap. Each month a fabric color is picked ie. pink that month everyone sends hostess 12 pink blocks can be all the same or mixed if you have lots of certain colors ect. Just wondering if there's an interest.
Trudy
Old 04-13-2011, 05:08 PM

I am just starting that myself..I am using 5" blocks and love how it is turning out. I would consider a swap if it gets going.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:20 PM

There is a swap of 10.5" blocks going on already.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/group_a...sp?gracnum=144
Old 04-13-2011, 06:41 PM

Sure I would be interested :-)
Old 04-13-2011, 07:51 PM
Power Poster

All swaps must be approved by PatriceJ before announcing/talking about them. And yes we already have a 10 1/2 block swap- not to say we couldn't have another - you just need to follow the rules
Old 04-13-2011, 08:07 PM

That one is already closed or will be on the 15th.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:15 PM

Sorry, I didn't mean to break any rules about asking permission. I did look to see if maybe there was one & did not see it. I would rather join a swap as I really don't know how one is run. I am willing to learn. Just checked the one already happening, it's for thirty's fabric. I know I don't have any, not sure what thirty's fabric is. I'll keep looking & hopefully someone will start one.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:33 AM
Administrator

the rules states "Please get permission from PatriceJ before posting a suggestion for an activity or before posting the announcement, opening rules and other information."

sooooo this topic is a boo-boo and would normally be deleted.

my purpose for responding instead is NOT to pubicly embarrass true4uca. we all make mistakes and this one is not a huge deal. rather, i'm just taking the opportunity to explain the reason for the rule.

when members "fish" for swaps by posting suggestions or inquiries, they tend to get a lot of people very excited. anticipation builds and the expectation is created that the swap will actually happen.

if the suggestion doesn't attract a volunteer to host a swap, it won't happen and everybody is disappointed.

if the suggestor was considering being the host but changes her mind, the swap doesn't happen and everybody is disappointed.

sooooooo, unless a member is willing to make the commitment to host, she/he should not mention it at all.

and, if she/he is, or might be, willing to host it's important to discuss the details with me privately first so that any change of heart happens behind the scenes. the potential host can change her mind, walk away from the idea with no problem or drama, and there's no danger of disappointment in the community.