Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Any new ideas for next Christmas? >

Any new ideas for next Christmas?

Any new ideas for next Christmas?

Old 01-03-2016, 12:56 PM

Default Any new ideas for next Christmas?

Has anyone thought of any new ideas to start working on for next Christmas? I went to several stores today looking for sales and creative ideas.....but no success. Please share if you have any thoughts.
Jo Ann
Old 01-03-2016, 02:04 PM
Power Poster

I don't even what to think of next Xmas yet, I still have two projects I am still working on for my best friend!!
Old 01-03-2016, 02:16 PM
Power Poster

I bought two Christmas panels that I plan to make into two quilts. The panel has a country feel with a white Adirondack chair, white ice skates, and red poinsettias on it. Thinking of surrounding the panel with log cabin blocks from coordinating fabrics.
Old 01-03-2016, 02:26 PM

I am going to make some Fabric Christmas trees. You can find this on You Tube. They are nice for gifts or selling at craft shows. I just finished a Christmas quilt out of my scraps. I have to layer and quilt yet. I still have xmas Scraps. Good luck with your projects. It is funny how are minds work, While it is still the holidays we are gun ho!!! and now you kind of loose interest and don't want to look at any more Christmas stuff. I just took the tree down and put all the decorations away and it looks bare in my house.
Old 01-03-2016, 02:40 PM
Power Poster

I think I might attempt the folded candle center star thing that was posted a while back.
Old 01-03-2016, 03:53 PM

I wanted to learn how to make Yo Yos and a friend found a cute quilt made of them. It looks candy cane like. So I learned and now I am working on the candy cane type quilt and want to work on christmas trees also. I didn't have a "hand work" project so now I do. Having fun making yo yo's
Old 01-03-2016, 04:23 PM

A couple of Christmas pillow wraps for my living room and as gifts.
Old 01-03-2016, 04:33 PM

I'm sitting here with a big piece of Anuty Acid fabric, trying to think of what to do with it for next year's Christmas gifts. I'd love to hear some more ideas.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I don't even what to think of next Xmas yet, I still have two projects I am still working on for my best friend!!
I also still working on my friends Xmas gift
Old 01-03-2016, 07:55 PM

I sent to Quiltbug.com and ordered 4 panels of the #22912 Welcome Wreath. It is a horse head with a wreath around its neck. Go online and look at it. I received them and they are gorgeous! I had surgery for a torn rotor cuff on my left shoulder in Sept. and when the nurses turned me over they saw a rash on my back which turned out to be the shingles. I still have a lot of pain with both, and yes, it is now Jan. The shingle pain really took over for months and I can just now put my left arm up onto the table top. I can't take therapy yet so I will head to Fl for a few months. I hope the heat makes me better. N. Ft. Myers, here I come. I am sending my panels to my Amish friend to quilt for me
so I know they will be done by next Christmas. She is 5 hrs. away from DE where I am, she is in Somerset Co. in Pa.
so I may take them to her on Wed. if it doesn't snow. My hubby hates to drive in the snow. He is a winner though, can you see him washing my hair and my back? I mentioned that in quilt club in Dec. (I missed July-Nov.) and the girls at my table said their husbands would pay for a nurse first. Thank God I had him, as well as a driver to quilt club, a good member of Ladybug Quilt Guild. I sure enjoyed reading this board thru my illness. Great pics too. Thank you all!