Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Any one made this pattern ? >

Any one made this pattern ?

Any one made this pattern ?

Old 02-16-2013, 05:12 AM

Default Any one made this pattern ?

I found this quilt pattern at Annies and I am thinking about ordering it. Before I do I was wondering if anyone made one like this before and if so how is it made. I want to make sure it's not to complicated before I order it as I'm a newer quilter. If anyone has a link to a free pattern like it so I can look at it that would be nice too.

This gets you to the images?
http://www.anniescatalog.com/image.h...1&mode=gallery

This is the catalog page in case the above doesn't work
http://www.anniescatalog.com/detail.html?prod_id=95701

Any input would be greatly appreciated
Old 02-16-2013, 05:16 AM

It's a beautiful quilt. Not sure that curved piecing is for a beginner. Will keep checking back to see if anyone has made this quilt and what they have to say about it. Maybe there's a tutorial somewhere.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:18 AM

I googled tutorials: http://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&o...w=1053&bih=720
Old 02-16-2013, 05:20 AM

Those are fairly gentle curves, if you have done any sewing at all they shouldn't be that hard, just pin lots and go slow.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by dakotamaid View Post
Those are fairly gentle curves, if you have done any sewing at all they shouldn't be that hard, just pin lots and go slow.
I agree. Also, since they are larger blocks, they are easier to do (easier than small blocks, that is). I think you should be fine. Go for it! It is really pretty, especially with colors that blend, as in the photo. Have fun!
Old 02-16-2013, 05:41 AM

Someone made one very similar and posted a pic of it here a couple of weeks ago. It was almost identical to this one but I can't remember what it was called so I have not idea how to tell you to search. But it is a beautiful quilt. Maybe someone else will remember it.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:58 AM

The pattern says it's for beginners. Wish some one here had done one so I have an idea what I'm getting into. Still nervous about ordering it.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:17 AM

I say go for it. I am still relatively new and have never tried a curve till a few weeks ago. I have two baby quilts I am working on that have curves. One is done and at my bros house the other is taking me longer because there has been much stress and sickness here. I found the curves challenging and not that bad. I have been quilting for about 3 years now. still new at it. I do like that quilt you found and with 10" blocks you should be good. just go slow and pin lots and take your time to enjoy it.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:23 AM

Don't be nervous. I admire that you're willing to expand your horizons and learn something new.

A few years ago, I designed a miniature quilt that had curved piecing. It was very difficult. I kept making mistakes and finally put that project aside. Made several other quilts before I picked that one back up to discover that I had gained some skills and experience, and was able to piece those curves successfully!

So, what I'm saying is, if you love that quilt, buy the pattern and practice on scraps. If you're not good at it, you can either keep practicing, or you can put it aside for 6 months or so while you work on other projects, then try it again.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by jstorm67 View Post
The pattern says it's for beginners. Wish some one here had done one so I have an idea what I'm getting into. Still nervous about ordering it.
Try piecing some gentle curves on your sewing machine with scraps. look at some of the tutorials and practice. You will find that curves really aren't that hard. Try to do some dunkards path blocks in 10 inch. Those are curvier than the quilt pattern you are looking at. If you can master those you can do any curve!! Wish I lived closer to you I could show you.

http://www.quilterscache.com/D/DrunkardsPathBlock.html