Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Any One Use Berninia Stitch Regulator >

Any One Use Berninia Stitch Regulator

Any One Use Berninia Stitch Regulator

Old 07-11-2010, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by newestnana
Originally Posted by jacee kay
I had this happen. I keep sewers aid on hand. I found it worked on other old machines I had. I put two or three lines of it on the thread and on the bobbin thread. I bought it at joanns. It conditions the thread so it slides better?
What is sewers aid? Sounds like a liquid you put on your thread (while still on the spool)? So the thread slides through the machine better?
Yes, that is basically what it is. When I took my Bernina mastery classes they recommended its use (sparingly) with metallic threads. However, when I bought my first spool of metallic thread at a LQS that sold Janome's they said their repairman did not recommend it. So I guess it is personal preference.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:18 PM

My Bernina is 6 mos old. Spent 2 hours today trying to get the BSR to work with either Sulky invisible or metallic thread. Can't remember how many different types of needles and tension adjustments I used. Broken thread, skipped stitches, etc. Finally decided I could not get there from here. Removed the BSR and finished the quilting free motion with no problem. Will be visiting the dealer tomorrow for a refresher course......