Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Any other "must haves"

While I'm at the store this afternoon, are there any other machine related "must haves" I should look at?

I already have a couple dozen bobbins, extra set of needles, and a set of quilting needles.

I am planning on getting the walking foot and the 1/4" foot. Debating on the stitch in the ditch foot.

Any other suggestions? This isn't a store that I'll be getting too often as it it a bit of a drive, so I want to gather as much must haves as possible.

I'm leaving in about 1.5hr.

Think you are probably back by now, however I find one of those plastic see through type of foot very good when I am stitching, you can see exactly where you are going.

AND if you haven´t got one the attachment for free motion stitching..... and then visit the loan man cause your goin to need more money :lol:

Elle

Nope, haven't left yet.

Free motion stitching? That is for doing the actual quilting, right?

Moonhoney,
    I posed a similar question recently and had some great feedback....
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/7456.page
    You may see a must have among the suggestions...I know I did!! :D

Gee you must have left by now, I know I live in Spain but this is ridiculous. :lol: :lol:

Yep that is what you do your free motion stitching with when you quilt.
    ok

Elle

Thanks retro! I'll check it out. I missed that somehow.

I am back and I got a case, the 1/4", walking, and free motion feet. The stitch in the ditch foot she had didn't really work with my machine, which was fine. It was just oneof those "Well, I might want that in the future and since I'm here..." tyoe of deals.

I tried out the 1/4" one already and LOVE it!. So much easier. I also tried changing my stitch length and turning up to 2.2 works sooo much better!

DJ
    When you have another opportunity . . . I highly recommend the stitch-in-the-ditch foot, not only to stitch in the ditch, but I also use it when I'm paper piecing. It really keeps me on that line!

I know I'm too late in posting this, but one of my favorite sewing room tools is my jean-a-ma-jig. Not only for the seams in jeans, but for any thick seam! Also a razorblade. They rip out seams in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
    I know I'm too late in posting this, but one of my favorite sewing room tools is my jean-a-ma-jig. Not only for the seams in jeans, but for any thick seam! Also a razorblade. They rip out seams in a heartbeat.
    I'll put that on my wishlist. Thanks! The BF wants me to make him a denim quilt. :shock: I told him maybe for xmas. :lol: