Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other hand quilters out there?

I'm the only quilter I personally know that still does all my quilting (well, most of it) by hand. I've tried machine piecing, but just find it too constraining - you're tied to some source of electricity. I like to take the pieces for a block with me and join my husband on the bank of a creek and watch him fish, or watch a sunrise, or just ride in the car. I used to have a long commute to work and made a complete top while waiting for all the traffice lights to change to green! Are there more quilters like me out there, or am I really a dying breed?

Blog Entries
    I do both. Machine sew when at home, hand sew when on the go!

I hand piece some of my quilts and hand quilt. I do a lot of applique, always by hand because I've never gotten good results using the sewing machine.

I haven't used my electric sewing machine in about a year.

I started out a few years ago only hand piecing and hand quilting. Just within the past year have I branched out into doing it on the machine. I enjoy both.

For speed in getting a project to completion I am probably going to do a good percentage of my piecing by machine.

However I really like doing the actual quilting by hand.

Once again, there are going to be times when I'll do the quilting by machine as well, if for no other reason than I want to prove to myself that I can learn how to do it where it doesn't look like it was done by a 3 year old!

Blog Entries
    I am new to quilting but am doing a quilt by hand...I am enjoying it so much..Carrying it around gives me so much freedom, this way I can watch tv with hubby and kids..Even though I am not really watching tv :wink: but sewing instead..

Blog Entries
    look up borntohandquilt in Germany. her work is out of this world gorgeous!!

Blog Entries
    Yes - I hand quilt the small quilts for myself. I like the portability and the peacefulness that comes from hand quilting. It helps create quiet and slowness in my life.

Jim
    due to hand surgeries I cant do hand stitch but my wife does...she takes her grandmothers flower garden withher to quild everytwo weeks of course we will be OLD before she finishes it, quild is th eonly place she sews on it...the rest of the time she is running the quilting machine

i hope to soon be a hand quilter

I hand quilt. Mostly machine quilting though.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast