Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any OTHER IDIOTS out there?

I am SUCH an IDIOT. Are there anymore like me?? This is the thing-I had FINALLY bought a JuneTaylor's Cut and Press - ya know 2 sided neat gizmo......................yeah, ya guess it - I CUT on the pressing side and sliced the fabric all the way thru the cloth AND the foam. It is spreading apart and I am going to find a rope real soon $#@ If anyone had done this, how did you repair it? Tape? Trash can? I hope someone can help! Thanks in advance :cry: :oops: :shock:

LOL! This is only funny because I've done the same thing... TWICE now :)

Blog Entries
    oh no, that is terrible! can you put some fabric back over it recover it to match your sewing room with cool fabric

I did this to a quilt top one time. Try inserting a piece of, OMG I can't think of the name of it, the stuff you use for applique. Slide it inside the cover,big enough to cover the entire cut. Then press with a very hot iron. Make sure you get the edges of cut meet identical. The top I did this to was a wall hanging. You cannot tell was it repaired. Let me know. I have one of the cut and sew. I love mine. Can't do without it. Pam

are you referring to something like Wonder Under? It looks like a Missouri Chain Saw Massacre! I tried to pull it tight but it is strethchin the pressing fabric..........

fg
    Quote Originally Posted by grammiepamie
    I did this to a quilt top one time. Try inserting a piece of, OMG I can't think of the name of it, the stuff you use for applique. Slide it inside the cover,big enough to cover the entire cut. Then press with a very hot iron. Make sure you get the edges of cut meet identical. The top I did this to was a wall hanging. You cannot tell was it repaired. Let me know. I have one of the cut and sew. I love mine. Can't do without it. Pam

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    I'm sorry you did that. I haven't cut the press side yet but I have tried to press on the cutting side multiple times.

is it fixable?? Don't right really know what tool you're talking about but i hope it can be fixed?

Yes, the idea about using the heavy Heat and Bond fusible is a good one. It should help hold it together and prevent fraying.

Blog Entries
    Maybe repair it the best you can with Wonder Under or Stitch Witchery, keeping it as flat as possible.
    Then make a new cover to fit over the whole top? So that the whole surface is smooth?
    Mine seems to have a lip around it, maybe make the cover have a casing around the edges (like an ironing board cover) insert a string and cinch it up, nice and snugly? :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    Well, I haven't done this, exactly. But my ironing table has nice little slices in it from where I ran right off the edge of the cutting mat I had on it...

What about using an iron on patch to fix it? I think you can get them in cotton. Or try some quiting cotton with steam-a-seam and iron it over the cuts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast