Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Any quilt shops around Lancaster, PA open on Sunday?

Any quilt shops around Lancaster, PA open on Sunday?

Hi,

I'm up here for a longarm quilting conference and could not get away today to look at fabric.....is anything open on Sunday?
    The Potomac Quilter
    Innova 26 with Lightning Stitch and Autopilot

The only one I'm aware of is Bitty Kinna's in Intercourse. Just down the street (easy walk) from the Kettle Kitchen shopping area (read parking). To the best of my knowledge all others are closed. Hopefully you'll see this in time to make your excursion.

Most of Lancaster closes down on Sunday for religious reasons.

Probably not. At least not those which are owned by Amish. I went shopping in Berlin, Ohio, once (another Amish community) on a Sunday, not realizing that everything would be closed that day. Was a wasted two hour trip. What's worse, a few years later, I did it again! I forget easily....Another wasted trip. And I've still not been there...

I googled it and I did find the Quilt Shop at Millers restaurant is open on Rte. 30. (ready made quilts and toursit gifts) May be some of the larger restaurants with gift shops will be open but I don't think you'll find shops that sell material open or the Amish restaurants.