Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any quilters from the Quad Cities area?

Just wondering! I know there's a quilter's guild in the area that I want to check out, but wondered if anyone also posts here!

For anyone who doesn't know where that is, it's 4 towns right on the Mississippi river along the Iowa/Illinois border...two towns in Iowa and two in Illinois!

Not from there but just got back from a weekend there. Saw that one of the guilds brought Ricky Tims in last weekend. Really enjoyed the Quilt Basket and Expressions in Thread. Liked the Fulton IL store and the Geneseo IL store also. Quilts by the Oz had lots of fabric but not merchandized well. Felt dumpy.

I'll have to check all of those out. I haven't actually been to any of the LQS in the area yet. I'm kind of new to these here parts, hehe. I'm also kind of new to quilting. I've only ever made two, over a decade ago, and they were extremely basic quilts. Just big squares and tied not quilted! I'm working on a more difficult quilt now and want to keep making them. Would love to connect with more people of the same mind in my area :D

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm about 3 hours south of you. Too bad. I'd like to know some quilters in this area.

I am about 2 1/2 hours north of there, although I lived there from 78-83.

Hi I live in Muscatine just about 30 minutes south of you. In Muscatine this is a quilting group called The Melon Patchers. I don't belong but thought I would share the information.

I sent you a PM. :thumbup:

I grew up in East Moline. After high school I moved away - moved back to Davenport years later - now live in Michigan.

Small world
    :-P

I was raised in Rock Island, graduated from Rocky in 1973, have lived down here most of my adult life. My best friend lives in Muscatine, Iowa and I visit there once a year over Labor Day weekend and the following week. My mom is retired from the former Franciscan Hospital, and my dad is retired from John Deere. I know the area well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast