Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Any quilting ideas for a piano key border Please?

Lightbulb Any quilting ideas for a piano key border Please?

Of course the obvious one is stitch in the ditch, but I thought your creative genius may have an idea for another simple pattern achievable on a domestic machine. Thanks in advance for your help.

Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters
    Blog Entries
    score sheet? with maybe a note or so?
    From the artist formerly known as Missus Fear...Hi, my name is Tracy and I am a hobbyaholic.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/m...ear-79671.html

I just do FMQ, I never do any fancy quilting. I do a large stipple on my DSM because I love the looks and I love doing it.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Power Poster
    See if you can find the Dresden Plate quilt that was posted this week. It has what I have heard referred to as a railroad track border treatment. It looks good on a piano key border and is done in a continuos line. I will try to describe it....you sew down the middle of the key and do a rounded end and sew down the middle of the next piano key and do another rounded end and so on.

Instead of stitch in the ditch on the piano key, do a squigle or serpentine stitch down the middle of the key rather than the seam. Maybe use a varigated thread.

I just finished a t-shirt quilt for a Band Director and put a piano keyboard along the two sides. Since I'm a newbie on my LA, I just did an all-over FMQ on it. My heart wanted to use some cute stencils I found with musical notes on them, but my mind knew that I didn't have the skill to make them look good just yet. She loved her quilt.

Name:  IMG_5266.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  96.8 KB

I treat it as a solid and do whatever I might do. I hand quilt, so i might do cross-hatching or a rope border, maybe a bishops fan......I have many border stencils, and would use one of them. The last thing I do is stitch in the ditch - it's hard and if i spend the time quilting - i want people to see my stitches!!
    my name is becca and i'm a quilt-a-holic :-)