Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any suggestions for "fraying" binding

I am almost done with my tee-shirt quilt. I am putting the binding on. Is there something I can spray or do to reduce the fraying. It probably would be okay but I don't feel comfortable just flipping it over with all the fraying it has done. I am 3/4 of the way done with the binding in attaching it to the back of the quilt and then to flip it over to the front. Thank you, Pauline

Blog Entries
    http://www.google.com/products/catal...h=999&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=9342005434740279223&sa=X&ei=zNqXTZ6SKeO90QGV8Lj2Cw&ved=0CGoQ8wIwAA#ps-sellers
    They sell it at Joann's also and you can use your 40 percent off coupons

Blog Entries
    What is fraying??? the material under the binding? if so...just stich the entire out side of the quilt prior to putting on the binding. I do that to all of my quilts.

thank you so much. I will go out to Joannes tomorrow and get some. Tonight I will just finish sewing it to the wrong side and leaving it open so I can spray the seam line. I am soo glad to be in this group

thank you so much. I will go out to Joannes tomorrow and get some. Tonight I will just finish sewing it to the wrong side and leaving it open so I can spray the seam line. I am soo glad to be in this group

It is the edge of the 1/4" seam line where it is being sewn to the edge of the quilt. I am sewing to the back first and then flipping it over. I can't believe how many threads are hanging off it. I am going to go to Joannes and buy what was recommended previously. I will finishe attaching it and leave it open for treatment. Thnx.

It is the edge of the 1/4" seam line where it is being sewn to the edge of the quilt. I am sewing to the back first and then flipping it over. I can't believe how many threads are hanging off it. I am going to go to Joannes and buy what was recommended previously. I will finishe attaching it and leave it open for treatment. Thnx.

Blog Entries
    Can't wait to see how it comes out!

Blog Entries
    I use the fray check and it works great!

If you fold the binding over and then use clips (some use hair clips) to hold the binding in place you will probably not need the fray check. The edge is fraying because it is not protected. How did you first sew the binding to the quilt? Most sew the binding on with their sewing machine, then fold over the binding and then hand sew the second side to the quilt. Just wondering what process you have used so far?

Pam M

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast