Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Any suggestions for I love lucy quilt?

Any suggestions for I love lucy quilt?

I want to make an I love lucy quilt. So far I haven't found a block I think would look good.
    I have several different pieces of the material, from chocolate factory, driving with Lucy, Tv with Lucy, Ethel, Desi and Fred.
    I also have other fabric that can go with it. Just haven't found the right pattern. Anyone have any suggestions?

I haven't seen these fabrics, but it sounds to me like you need patterns with larger pieces so the images in the fabrics aren't cut up. So possibly patterns like Warm Wishes and Turning Twenty would be appropriate for you. Maybe you could even make 4 patches or 9 patches with large enough squares and alternate them with Snowball patches the same size, just using coordinating solid fabrics in the snowball corners. That's a very attractive pattern, a favorite of mine.

Crazy quilt ????

I love Lucy and I cannot think of her and anything structured (like most quilt patterns) in the same thought. I would lean towards a less structured design.

I would probably do blocks that look like old TV screens (slightly curved sides), with the I love Lucy fabric as the picture in the TV. They could be set side by side, or tilted.

Name:  TV Screen Block.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  53.9 KB

The television screens are the most terrific idea!! What better for a television show?
    Anne L. Fulton

Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake.

How about a double slice layer cake pattern from MSQC?
    A time to tear, And a time to sew;
    A time to keep silence, And a time to speak;

Love the TV idea! Just saw a quilt on another email (smilebox/The Quilt Show maybe). The quilt had several blocks, each with a picture in the middle with small crazy quilt patches around the picture. Lucy did crazy things!

You could also do a shadow box quilt.